The Dog Who Danced by Susan Wilson

The Dog Who Danced

by Susan Wilson

I really enjoyed this audiobook about Mack, the dog who danced! Justine is in a big rig with her dog trying to get across the country to Boston where her father is dying. She can't afford to fly and needs to keep her dog with her. Of course, this doesn't go well and she gets left behind while Mack is sleeping in the back of the tractor when the driver leaves her behind in a rest area. While I was very angry with Justine for her behavior, the story of Mack and how he helps a very sad couple, Ed and Alice made this a wonderful story. This story touches on so much, but most especially how a wonderful dog can make such a difference in their world. The readers did an excellent job with this book. Highly recommended! ( )
  Dianekeenoy | Apr 1, 2017 |
It's been quite some time since I read this book. Even though the specifics can't be recalled, I DO distinctly remember that I really enjoyed the book and it left me with some bittersweet tears. I would recommend this to fellow readers everywhere. ( )
  Creads2 | Dec 7, 2016 |
This was not abandoned because I could not get through it, but rather because it was the book club pick for the month before I got married. I just did not have the time to finish it in time. I read a few chapters, and I liked them enough that at some point, I would like to go back and finish this book. ( )
  carebear10712 | Dec 31, 2014 |
I listened to this in audio form. Went through so many emotions. Yelling at the dashboard of my car in anger, laughing, crying like a baby....This is a great book. Loved it. I think this is also because the voices were so well picked for the audio. The story is told from many standpoints and the dogs is especially touching. ( )
  Kikoa | Aug 4, 2012 |
In the style of "The Art of Racing in the Rain", or "Sight Hound". Stories of deep human trouble that is helped by the faithfull company of a dog. On the bright side, the dog here doesn't suffer the way the dogs in the two other mentioned books do. This makes "The Dog Who Danced" less heart breaking, and also more readable. ( )
  olgalijo | Apr 29, 2012 |

From the New York Times bestselling author of One Good Dog comes a novel about a woman’s cross-country journey to find her lost dog, and discover herself.

“My name is Justine Meade and in my forty-three years there have only been a handful of people that I have loved. No, that’s an exaggeration. Two. Two that I lost because of stupidity and selfishness. One was my son. The other was my dog.”

If there’s been a theme in Justine Meade’s life, it’s loss. Her mother, her home, even her son. The one bright spot in her loss-filled life, the partner she could always count on, was Mack, her gray and black Sheltie—that is, until she is summoned back to her childhood home after more than twenty years away.

Ed and Alice Parmalee are mourning a loss of their own. Seven years after their daughter was taken from them, they’re living separate lives together. Dancing around each other, and their unspeakable heartbreak, unable to bridge the chasm left between them.

Fiercely loyal, acutely perceptive and guided by a herd dog’s instinct, Mack has a way of bringing out the best in his humans. Whether it’s a canine freestyle competition or just the ebb and flow of a family’s rhythms, it’s as though the little Shetland Sheepdog was born to bring people together. The Dog Who Danced is his story, one that will surely dance its way into your heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:19 -0400)

Justine Meade takes a cross-country journey to find her lost dog, and discover herself.

Susan Wilson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Susan Wilson chatted with LibraryThing members from Mar 22, 2010 to Apr 4, 2010. Read the chat.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,001,436 books! | Top bar: Always visible