Homicidal by Paul Alexander

Homicidal

by Paul Alexander

I hadn't realized when I picked up this freebie from Audible in 2013 that it was a true crime story (not a genre I care for much). However, I found this captured my interest, at least in part because I lived in L.A. during the 1980s so remembered some of the news from that time. Paul Christy did a good narration.

One negative worth mentioning though: the book jumps around in time a bit abruptly. A few extra sentences connecting the previous chapter with the new one might have helped in this regard. ( )
  leslie.98 | Feb 4, 2017 |
True crime isn't really my normal read but this one was a free choice on Audible so I went for it. The author uses newspaper reports and interviews to fill in background about he crime scene in LA in the 80s till now. the books ends before the case of the Grim sleeper- a serial killer is resolved. I was disappnted that the case wasn't resolved in the end. But I was at the same time glad the book finished. If it had been a fictional piece. There would have been more resolution. ( )
  HelenGress | Aug 16, 2013 |
Such a disappointment. It started off pretty good (or else I wouldn't have bought it) but then the rest of the book reads worse than a wiki article. I regret paying for this book, as I'm fairly sure the wiki article on him is better. ( )
  KaliSkittles | Mar 17, 2012 |

People simply will not accept the fact that there is such a thing as a homicidal mind, Truman Capote once said, People who would kill as easily as they would write a bad check. But people like this do exist-and in Homicidal, journalist and crime writer Paul Alexander profiles one of the most brutal homicidal minds in criminal history.According to allegations, Lonnie Franklin Jr. killed at least ten women-maybe more-in the Los Angeles area over 25 years. Because of serious mistakes in the LAPD's handling of the case, Franklin stayed active for decades-a terrifyingly normal serial killer next door who met his victims mostly through random encounters.The best-selling author of true crime titles Accused, Murdered, and Mistried, Alexander delves deep into law enforcement records and collects never-before-heard firsthand accounts to cast new light on this complicated case. Combining the attention to detail of a crime journalist with the eloquent style of a literary master, Alexander will leave you wondering-could you recognize the serial killer next door?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,438,859 books! | Top bar: Always visible