Yotsuba&!, Vol 11 by Kiyohiko Azuma

Yotsuba&!, Vol 11 (edition 2011)

by Kiyohiko Azuma

Member:Akiyama
Title:Yotsuba&!, Vol 11
Authors:Kiyohiko Azuma
Info:Yen Press (2012), Paperback, 224 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:manga, fiction, Japan, humour, moe, slice-of-life

YOTSUBA&!, Volume 11 by Kiyohiko Azuma

Of all the Yotsuba&! books I've read so far, I think this is my favorite one. Every chapter spoke to me. This is either the result of my babysitting my own granchild who is a preschooler and "knowing' what such kids do or simply falling love with the characters of Yotsuba and her loving, laid-back dad.

The first chapter is about a udon noodle maker. My own grandson always eyeballs food in just the way Yotsuba does in order to get an offer of something to eat. So sweet!

The second chapter is about Yotsuba and her dad ordering a pizza. For lunch today, my husband and I shared a pizza with my grandson. I like when Yotsuba remarks, "It's so Western." I also only know too well about a preschooler barfing after overeating food he or she loves. *sigh*

The third chapter is about when Yanda (Yotsuba's nemesis) arrives, and everyone is "hiding" from Yanda although they can easily be seen. Yanda has all kinds of bubbles for Yotsuba but hangs onto the best bubble wands. He teases her mercilessly. Not good, but that's his character. Bubble play is so much fun with preschoolers.

The fourth chapter is about chestnut-picking. I learned a lot about chestnuts in this chapter and so did Yotsuba!

In the fifth chapter, Yotsuba gets a camera and she learns about camera "etiquette". This is good information for anyone. Yotsuba learns quickly.

The sixth chapter is funny and sad at the same time. Yotsuba's beloved teddy bear, named Juralumin, gets roughed up and licked by a dog. Yotsuba has to be brave to get back her slimy teddy bear. I laughed out loud at this chapter.

In the final chapter, neighbor Agasi repairs Juralumin who stopped talking from being immersed in water during a cleansing. This repair takes a long time, and Yotsuba has to be patient until the "surgery" (repairs) is done.

I now can't wait to read the next volume. ( )
  SqueakyChu | Jul 20, 2016 |
Another amazing Yotsuba book! Love that little girl!~ ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
Hilarious ( )
  omf | Aug 9, 2014 |

Kiyohiko Azumaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Paul, StephenTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
NWAH!?

"Say cheese! Say cheeeese! Yotsuba's got a shiny new camera! But this new camera is too cool for just Daddy's silly poses. What else should Yotsuba take? Maybe the nice man at the restaurant who makes udon, or Shaggy Beard at the bike shop. But definitely not that dog down the street. He's a little scary and . . . Oh no! Watch out, Juralumin!!!! WAHHHH!" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,457,732 books! | Top bar: Always visible