Runaways, Volume 3: The Good Die Young by…

Runaways, Volume 3: The Good Die Young (2006)

by Brian K. Vaughan, Adrian Alphona (Illustrator)

Series: Runaways (3)

And here we reach the end of the first volume of the Runaways with a third collection. What happens to our intrepid band? What becomes of the Pride? Who's the mole? All is revealed.

I really enjoyed the entire first run of this series. As I stated in my review of the first collected volume, this is the book that got me interested in following a monthly again. It's also the book that introduced me to Brian K. Vaughan.

Excellent third act. ( )
  regularguy5mb | Sep 18, 2014 |
Did we hit the end of this arc already? If I didn't know that the series continued, I would have thought this title had finished its limited run with this installment.

A good wrap-up, if a little "talky" during the exposition-heavy denouement. The "traitor" is identified (not too hard to pick out, really), but makes sure to explain how the saga all came about. Then there's the big parents-kids clash which had a few unexpected twists. The writing is still witty, and although I wasn't a huge fan of the art at the start, it's grown on me.

A good choice for a pre-teen to teenage dabbler in graphic novels who may not be interested in garden-variety superheroes.

-------------------
LT Haiku:

One disappointment:
Not finding out reason for
six fingers and toes! ( )
  legallypuzzled | May 6, 2014 |
My blog post about this book is at this link. ( )
  SuziQoregon | Jan 27, 2014 |
Still slight, still fun. Things unfolded much as I expected re: the mole plot. Did have a little squee at Cap's brief appearance, and I love the end. I'm not so keen on the way omg everyone must pair up (I mean, what've we had so far: Alex/Nico, vampire boy/Niko, vampire boy/Karolina, Chase/Gert, Karolina's crush on Nico). And I agree with another review that points out that Molly certainly doesn't act her age.

Still. Despite those quibbles, I am enjoying this, and I'll be interested to see where it goes now. Joss Whedon takes over from here, doesn't he? Oh god. ( )
  shanaqui | Sep 1, 2013 |

Brian K. Vaughanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Alphona, AdrianIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

One disappointment:

Not finding out reason for

six fingers and toes!

(legallypuzzled)

The world as we know it is about to end and the Runaways are the only hope to prevent it! But if our fledgling teenage heroes are going to succeed, they may have to become just as evil as their villainous parents. The Runaways have learned how their parents' criminal organization began, and now they must decide how it should end. As the Runaways' epic battle against their evil parents reaches its shocking conclusion, the team's mole stands revealed, and blood must be shed. Which kids will still be standing when the smoke finally clears? This is the story that changes everything (seriously!).

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:21 -0400)

With the Pride gone, every bad guy in the Marvel Universe is trying to fill the void they left behind. The Runaways are the only heroes who can stop them. And what team of young heroes is looking for the Runaways and why?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,505,287 books! | Top bar: Always visible