Emotional Poems and Short Stories: Blood and…

Emotional Poems and Short Stories: Blood and Vampires (edition 2011)

by Destinye Robinson

Member:kybunnies
Title:Emotional Poems and Short Stories: Blood and Vampires
Authors:Destinye Robinson
Info:
Rating:***

Emotional Poems and Short Stories: Blood and Vampires by Destinye Robinson

This was a short book of poems and short stories was a giveaway win on Librarything. This is no way influenced my review or opinion in this book. To form your own opinion of this book please support the author and acquire your own legal copy of this book.

Emotional Poems and Short Stories is exactly what it is. These are short poems with so much emotion that it is amazing. Yes, the writing needs some fine tuning or editing but it is still easy to read. While reading this I kept thinking of Edgar Allen Poe and The Raven. These poems are very dark like the person writing them has been through the depression. The pain, the suffering, the awful lonely feeling of being alone with so many people around you.

While I enjoyed reading these, I truly hope that these poems are just something the author felt like writing and was not part of the thinking, feeling, and loneliness of depression. This book is not for a teenager, or anyone that is suffering from any type of depression or mental disorder.

Even though I enjoyed reading this dark, strange work it needs more work in the writing style.

The bunnies and I give these poems and short stories 3-Carrots.
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |

The bunnies and I give these poems and short stories 3-Carrots. ( )
  kybunnies | Feb 19, 2012 |
As a former cutter myself, I found myself easily relating to what the author was saying. There were a few grammar/spelling mistakes, but other than that it was wonderful. I can see the beauty behind the pain, and this really resonated with me on more than one level. ( )
  sealford | Dec 29, 2011 |
Most of the writings is about somethings that happen when people have depression or manic depressive, according to one person in each of the poems/short stories. I would say definitely an adult book for young adults. Thank you for sharing your book. ( )
  Robin.linehan | Dec 28, 2011 |

A collection of poems and short stories. These short stories have insight in different young girl's difficult lives. Also, a few fantasy stories are included.
Excerpt from "Letter to An Ex":
I am a drug in every sense of the term. I am addicting. You use me, and longer than you should, and, then, you don't want to give me up. I am very, very bad for you, yet I can help you. I am something you will always want, but should never have. And, I hurt you. I'm sorry.

Destinye Robinson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,483,401 books! | Top bar: Always visible