Unfinished Business by W. Soliman

Unfinished Business

by W. Soliman

641,268,033 (3.33)None

Great book! The end was a bit of a shock. I won't spoil it for you but you will be surprised. ( )
  krystalsbooks | May 13, 2014 |
Unfinished Business was an interesting mystery with a shocker ending. Fifteen years ago Kara Webb’s sister went missing and her family won’t talk about it. Her brother is now dead and it was ruled an accident. When going through his things she finds a recent picture of her brother and sister. She needs answers and seeks out the former detective who handled the case. Protagonist, Charlie Hunter, isn’t interested in playing detective anymore. He agrees to look at the old case and soon finds himself intrigued by Kara and niggling questions. Together, they begin to retrace her sister steps and question those involved with Jasmine at the time of her disappearance. Despite Hunter’s efforts to have Kara stop looking, they soon find themselves in danger. Jasmine’s new life involves dangerous people who do not want her found. Unwilling to let his family be threatened, they set out to discover the answers. Unfinished Business was a quick and clever read. It is the first in a series involving Charlie Hunter and his unsolved cases. I look forward to reading more of W. Soliman’s books.
I want to thank netGalley and Carina Press for the ARC in exchange for my unbiased review.
you can see more of this review and others on my blog:
http://kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com/ ( )
  kimbacaffeinate | Mar 29, 2013 |
you can see more of this review and others on my blog:
http://kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com/ ( )
  kimbacaffeinate | Mar 29, 2013 |
I'd like to thank the publisher, Carina Press, and Netgalley for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

Unfinished Business is not the most original story I have ever read. I've actually read a few stories and watched many tv shows with this particular plot (I won't give details on it to keep this review from being a spoiler). However, it doesn't bother me if the story is well told, and this one was.

The author, W. Soliman, manages to keep the pace of the book lively as new clues keep showing up. Charlie is a character that's easy to like, which is a good thing, as this is the first of a series starring him. He's a tough, retired cop with a weakness for troubled females, dogs, and kids. That should keep him in trouble for several books!

This is a good, solid book that should catch the interest of any mystery buff. The ending has a few surprises that even an experienced mystery reader might not be able to guess ahead of time. Go ahead, get the book and see for yourself! ( )
  NCRainstorm | Nov 28, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,832,701 books! | Top bar: Always visible