Staring Blue Eyes by Daryl Ross Halencak

Staring Blue Eyes

by Daryl Ross Halencak

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byKatherineBoyer, ross1dh

It is difficult for me to review a poetry book on a first reading because it does not give me the opportunity to reflect on the individual poems. I like to go back to a poem I have read if it is one that will help me with something I am dealing with at the moment – joy, happiness, sadness, death, humor.
This being said, I would highly recommend Mr. Halencak’s book of poetry, Staring Blue Eyes because this poetry covers the gamut of human emotions and meditations that will be of use to you in daily living.
I would like to call attention to a couple of the poems that gave me pause. A Texan Exiled made me remember the years I was traveling and missing my home state. Memo from My Mother is a poem that I can relate to in relation to my own mother in earlier years and now to myself. All of the poems will help you recall some aspect of your life.
Daryl Ross Halencak is an attorney and very active in his community, as well as active in several aspects of the Czech heritage organizations. He lives in Texas with his wife, Jane. His hobbies include gardening, travel, swimming, reading and writing. Other interests include his pets and the theater and cinema. ( )
  KatherineBoyer | Nov 25, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,479,452 books! | Top bar: Always visible