Blank Slate Kate by Heather Wardell

Blank Slate Kate

by Heather Wardell

113820,536 (4)1

To start on the Nook this novel has 240 pages. I started reading Heather Wardell's work with her free eBook Life Love and a Polar Bear Tattoo. Since then I have read all of her novels. I loved that this book starts taking you in one direction then takes you on a turn that keeps you reading until the end.

Waking up with a strange man is scary. Realizing you lost fifteen years of your life overnight? That's terrifying. With her memories from seventeen to thirty-two gone, Kate has no idea who she is and where she belongs. As she begins to fall for the man who found her, she wonders if she forgot those years for a reason. Should she keep trying to retrieve her original self, or start a new life? ( )
  oldriverbooks | Mar 2, 2015 |
You can also read my review here: http://www.turningthepages.ca/2012/01/review-blank-slate-kate.html

This book was not what I expected... it was so much more!

Imagine waking in the morning and having no idea where you are, who you are with or even what day it is. After a bar-fight, Kate finds herself in Jake (the bartender)'s apartment with a sore head and believing that she is only seventeen years old.

As Kate, Jake and a whole slew of supporting characters work out the answers to what has happened; an unforgettable story develops.

Being a proud Canadian, I loved that Blank Slate Kate took place, not only in my country, but my hometown of Toronto. The description of the city was bang on and knowing that, really allowed me to get lost in the story. The characters were very well developed and made you feel like they could have been someone you know if your real life. I found myself cheering for Kate throughout the entire journey and while I wanted her to find out what happened to those lost years, a small part (maybe big) wanted her to just start fresh.

Heather Wardell did an amazing job of keeping the story straight. As things begin to work themselves out, it would have been very easy to lose the readers as there were so many elements at play but she didn't. Instead, I found that I was anxiously awaiting the next development.

Overall, this was a well written, well developed story that left me hanging on the edge of my seat. ( )
  LindsayGentles | Feb 9, 2012 |
Seventeen year old Kate Anderson wakes up one morning and finds herself naked and in bed with a stranger. But wait... something is seriously wrong here... who is that adult staring back at her in the mirror? Somehow Kate woke up missing the last fifteen years of her life and she's now a thirty-two year old woman with no idea what made her lose her memory. With the help of Jake, the guy whose bed she woke up in, Kate tries to find out who she really all the while wondering if she lost those years for a reason.

Ack!! There are so many things I want to say and describe about this book but I can't without giving away any spoilers. All I can really say is that I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and stayed up late more than once anxious to find out what and why Kate forgot about her past. This is my first Wardell book and I will definitely be reading more by this author. This is a must read for all romance lovers. ( )
  24girl | Jan 24, 2012 |

Waking up with a strange man is scary. Realizing you lost fifteen years of your life overnight? That's terrifying. With her memories from seventeen to thirty-two gone, Kate has no idea who she is and where she belongs. As she begins to fall for the man who found her, she wonders if she forgot those years for a reason. Should she keep trying to retrieve her original self, or start a new life?… (more)

Heather Wardell is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,426,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible