Step on a Crack (Michael Bennett) by James…

Step on a Crack (Michael Bennett) (original 2007; edition 2007)

by James Patterson

Member:whybehave2002
Title:Step on a Crack (Michael Bennett)
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2007), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 400 pages
Collections:Mystery, Your library (inactive)
Rating:*****
Tags:mystery, series, new-york

Step on a Crack by James Patterson (2007)

Run For Your Life by James Patterson (bookymouse)
    bookymouse: Same Series - Michael Bennet
    Worst Case by James Patterson (bookymouse)
    bookymouse: Same Series - Michael Bennet
    Tick Tock by James Patterson (bookymouse)
    bookymouse: Same Series - Michael Bennet

English (61)  French (1)  All languages (62)
Sorry to say, but this thriller is more bones than meat.

Despite being a plot-driven thriller, he at least trys to add meat by starting with two wonderful marriages, alas for the women.

ShiraDestinie, of The MEOW Community Cooperation Blog
MEOW Date: Wednesday, September 6. 12014 H.E. (Holocene Era) ( )
  ShiraDest | Mar 6, 2019 |
Well, it looks like I've done it again. I went to add this book to my library only to find that it was added in 2013 and apparently I read it back then, but didn't record it for some reason. It wasn't memorable enough for me to recognize and I read it through again. I'm not a Detective Bennett fan. The backstory was just too gooey for me. ( )
  bcrowl399 | Sep 15, 2018 |
Really good book to listen to: the chapters are nice and short so it's easy to stop when needed. The story was good and I really like Mike Bennett and his children. I didn't figure out who the neat man was - I guessed but I was wrong. I like when a book is able to keep you guessing til the end. ( )
  Catsysta | Aug 5, 2018 |
What can you say about a [a:James Patterson|3780|James Patterson|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1468347205p2/3780.jpg]? It was a very quick and entertaining read.

I will be continueing on with the Micheal Bennett series. ( )
  PamV | Mar 27, 2018 |
Gripping action as detective Michael Bennett tries to deal with a mass kidnapping and Ransome. A simple concept with James Patterson:s dependable strong execution. If fast-paced thrillers are to your taste, you:d have trouble finding better. ( )
  NickHowes | Mar 12, 2017 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ledwidge, Michaelmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Step on a crack, Break your mother's back. Step on a crack, and you'll soon be eaten By the bears that congregate at street corners, Waiting for their lunch to walk by. ~ City Sayings
For Richie, Deirdre, and Sheila. And MaryEllen, Carole and Teresa.
Dedicated to W and J and their four children, C, M, A, and N. The book is also dedicated to the Palm Beach Day Academy. Also in appreciation of Manhattan College.
The back of the table captain's cream-colored evening jacket had just turned away when Stephen Hopkins leaned across the secluded corner booth and kissed his wife.

From America's favorite thriller writer, James Patterson, comes his most sensational hero yet--Detective Michael Bennett, NYPD. The first lady was only the first victim. After her mysterious death, the world's most powerful people gather in New York to mourn. Then the inconceivable suddenly occurs: Billionaires, politicians, and celebrities become trapped by one man's brilliant, deadly scenario. Pulled into the fray is Detective Michael Bennett--father of ten--who now .faces his most sinister challenge: a ruthless criminal who kills without hesitation and counters everything the NYPD and FBI throw at him. With the entire world watching and the tension at a boiling point, Bennett must quickly find a way out--or become responsible for the greatest debacle in history.

Detective Michael Bennett is about to take on the most sinister challenge of his career. The nation has fallen into mourning after the unexpected death of a beloved former first lady, and the most powerful people in the world gather in New York for her funeral. Then the inconceivable occurs. Billionaires, politicians, and superstars of every kind are suddenly trapped within one man's brilliant and ruthless scenario. Bennett--father of ten--is pulled into the fray. As the danger escalates, Michael is hit with devastating news. After fighting for many years, his wife has succumbed to a terrible disease. As New York descends into chaos, he has lost the great love of his life and faces raising his ten devastated children alone--and rescuing 34 hostages. Day after day, Bennett confronts the most ruthless man he has ever dealt with, a man who kills without hesitation and counters everything the NYPD and FBI throw at him with impunity. As the entire world watches and the tension boils to a searing heat, Bennett has to find a way out--or face responsibility for the greatest debacle in history.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:34 -0400)

Wisteria, a woman magically attuned to the world around her, pledges to kill Lord Purvis after his forces attack her village leaving two survivors: Wisteria and a teenage girl whom she takes under her wing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,358,510 books! | Top bar: Always visible