Justice League of America: The Rise of…

Justice League of America: The Rise of Eclipso

by James Robinson

Not a bad story though it never grabbed me and excited me as I hoped it would. I expect better stories out of James Robinson and this, while trying to be epic, was "too many notes," as it were.

Didn't help that while I love the characters of Donna Troy, Jesse Quick, Dick Grayson, and others, having them as the JLA was like watching the Teen Titans play grown-ups. I know they're properly the age to be first-tier heroes, but I never got that feel.

Also, the whole end of the book was packed with quick exposition rather than an actual story. It's one thing to disband the JLA and have reasons for it; felt more like Robinson was trying to give them all send-offs like he gave Jack Knight in Starman. It worked for that character and that book, but not here.

Thus, a 4-star epic plot I wanted to like but found enough that didn't work for me to downgrade to barely a 3 star collection. ( )
  SESchend | Sep 6, 2017 |
So, Eclipso. I think I must have missed most of his other appearances. But, basically he controls peoples minds and tends to make heroes do bad and destructive things despite them not wanting to. (He's sorta like Max Lord, but without a human face).

But, suddenly he's powered by the Starheart (The green thing that powers the Original Green Lantern Alan Scott amongst others). And is not just making one person do stuff, but hundreds of people. He goes to the dark side of the moon (Where the Starheart has made a big green city) and that's where he and the JLA battle and boy is it ever a battle.

It was a sort of scattered TPB. Sometimes there are issues missing in a trade paperback, but generally the story is understandable. Here I was 89%-90% lost for most of the time reading it. But, I did like the art okay, just no the best put together TPB I've read. ( )
  DanieXJ | Mar 30, 2015 |

Bolstered by the chaotic magic of the Starheart, the immortal villain Eclipso plans to destroy the Earth, unless Batman, Supergirl, and the rest of the Justice League can stop him.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,400,663 books! | Top bar: Always visible