Pressed (The Reluctant Hero Series, Book…

Pressed (The Reluctant Hero Series, Book Two) (edition 2011)

by William Esmont, Lynn O'Dell (Editor), Glendon Haddix (Illustrator)

Member:WilliamEsmont
Title:Pressed (The Reluctant Hero Series, Book Two)
Authors:William Esmont
Other authors:Lynn O'Dell (Editor), Glendon Haddix (Illustrator)
Info:William Esmont (2011), Edition: 1.0, Kindle Edition

Pressed (The Reluctant Hero Series, Book Two) by William Esmont

This is a great follow up to the first in the series Patriot Paradox. Pressed picks up where the first book left off with the heroes being received in the White House. From here they are thrust into a new investigation of how and why the US defense system has been broken into. In tracking down the people who were part of this cyber attack they come to realize that maybe they need to go back and look at the end of the case in the first book.

A very fast pace and interesting book. It stands alone, but I would recommend the reading of The Patriot Paradox first. I look to follow up stories with the same characters. The characters are interesting and you will find yourself rooting for them A very successful book and an interesting series. ( )
  qstewart | Aug 2, 2012 |
I received this book as a freebie in exchange for a review. I just completed the book (in 2 days) and am complying with the author's request.

I am happy to provide a review of this fast paced thriller. This book is along the lines of Daniel Silva, Tom Clancy, etc. The story is multifaceted and the author does an excellent job of keeping the reader properly positioned in the story. I found the story to be engrossing (hence the short duration to complete the read) even though there were some spoilers of the prequel which I have not yet read but will when I can find an epub version.

The characters were clearly developed and allowed me to identify with them irrespective of whether they were good or bad. The ending left me wanting more as it rolled up too quickly. I think the author could have extrapolated the loose ends into a more fulfilling ending.

I highly recommend this book to anyone that enjoys mysteries, thrillers, intrigue, etc.
  honoliipali | Apr 2, 2012 |
This book is a lot of fun and I can't wait to read the others in the series. The author clearly has a talent for creating a faced paced page turner. I thought I'd not like this as much as his zombie series but this one is even better. The characters are interesting, and it's fun to read. Great read! ( )
  sarahbrownschmidt | Jan 8, 2012 |
Pressed is the second book in the series starting right where Patriot Paradox ended. Kurt and Amanda with the President being recognized for there efforts when the strategic early warning system indicates a national emergency and they are wisked away with the President to the national emergency bunker at Mount Weather (this is where Patriot Paradox ends). It is soon learned that the system had been hacked and with the CIA in disarray Kurt and Amanda with the help of Darlene Foster from the National Security Administration are asked to lead the efforts to find the hackers. What they soon learn is that there is actually a nuclear threat that they must also address. Thngs quickly become more complicated. I loved Patriot Paradox and truly enjoyed this book as well. The characters are well developed - I really like the characters of Kurt, Amanda, and Dominic. The storyline is interesting and action packed (reminds me a bit of the action in the TV series 24). The author really makes you feel part of the story. The book is quite short and the author tries very hard to provide enough background information to allow it to standalone or at least allow the reader to get back into the story but it makes the reading a bit disjointed at times and I would have found it very hard to follow with out reading the first book in the series. Readers really need to read Patriot Paradox first. I must also admit that I was a bit disappointed with the ending but it is set up for the next book in the series. I look forward to reading more. This series is a quick, easy read that should not be missed. ( )
  DBower | Jan 8, 2012 |
The adventure in Pressed is nonstop from the very beginning. Main characters that are likable, exciting action, and high-stakes events make this a can't-put-it-down read. If you like fast-paced spy novels, you will enjoy this novel. ( )
  aztwinmom | Dec 30, 2011 |

William Esmont is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,465,219 books! | Top bar: Always visible