Pressed (Reluctant Hero, #2) by William…

Pressed (Reluctant Hero, #2) (edition 2011)

by William Esmont

Member:WilliamEsmont
Title:Pressed (Reluctant Hero, #2)
Authors:William Esmont
Info:William Esmont (2011), Edition: 1.0, Kindle Edition

Pressed (The Reluctant Hero Series, Book Two) by William Esmont

This fast-paced, Tom Clancy-esque thriller will leave you hooked and eagerly awaiting the next (third) book in the series. I was completely unaware that this was the second book in a series until I wanted more from the author and look them up! So if you haven't read the first, don't despair! It's very easy to follow, but I highly suggest you pick it up because the series is gripping, multi-faceted and addicting! Esmont's ability to suck you in from the beginning is impeccable! This is definitely a must-read! ( )
  saraaa1031 | Jan 6, 2016 |
The story is very interesting and keeps the reader's attention. The end has some unforeseen twists and I can't wait to read/listen to the next one. ( )
  spacechick365 | Oct 4, 2015 |
Quite honestly this wasn't hard to follow and seemed rather basic for what the author seemed to be attempting. I know that this is the 2nd book but it probably could have stood alone and been about the same.

The story seemed rather thrown together and everything was rather rushed. One second you have some people on a helicopter and then you have bam! the 2 main characters are all over each over. Even then main plot was rushed and seemed rather simplistic over all. ( )
  demonite93 | Feb 27, 2014 |
This is a great follow up to the first in the series Patriot Paradox. Pressed picks up where the first book left off with the heroes being received in the White House. From here they are thrust into a new investigation of how and why the US defense system has been broken into. In tracking down the people who were part of this cyber attack they come to realize that maybe they need to go back and look at the end of the case in the first book.

A very fast pace and interesting book. It stands alone, but I would recommend the reading of The Patriot Paradox first. I look to follow up stories with the same characters. The characters are interesting and you will find yourself rooting for them A very successful book and an interesting series. ( )
  qstewart | Aug 2, 2012 |
I received this book as a freebie in exchange for a review. I just completed the book (in 2 days) and am complying with the author's request.

I am happy to provide a review of this fast paced thriller. This book is along the lines of Daniel Silva, Tom Clancy, etc. The story is multifaceted and the author does an excellent job of keeping the reader properly positioned in the story. I found the story to be engrossing (hence the short duration to complete the read) even though there were some spoilers of the prequel which I have not yet read but will when I can find an epub version.

The characters were clearly developed and allowed me to identify with them irrespective of whether they were good or bad. The ending left me wanting more as it rolled up too quickly. I think the author could have extrapolated the loose ends into a more fulfilling ending.

I highly recommend this book to anyone that enjoys mysteries, thrillers, intrigue, etc.
  honoliipali | Apr 2, 2012 |

William Esmont is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,754,893 books! | Top bar: Always visible