If You Know Her by Shiloh Walker

If You Know Her

by Shiloh Walker

46None260,462 (3.6)None

This was the best book of the trilogy, but then everything wraps up in this book. You find out who the killer is (and boy, that was an extremely big surprise, but then I guess serial killers usually are). There are a lot of people who I'm sad because they die in this book and even in previous books. You really get to like characters and then they go and die on you. The worst death to me was in the second book.

I would highly recommend this trilogy to pretty much anyone. The suspense is great. You have no clue who the killer is until the author wants you to know. You read from the killer's point of view several times throughout the series, but it isn't until the author gives a very obvious clue that you learn who he is. Then in the next chapter, she starts using his name and you know for certain.

I want to thank Shiloh Walker for these books. They were provided to me by her from a contest on Twitter. I've read several of her books and have enjoyed most of them. This series really wasn't on my radar, because I normally read more along the paranormal and there is nothing paranormal about this series. I'm so glad that I read them. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
"Fresh Meat" by Laura K. Curtis for Criminal Element

One of the things I like about romantic suspense as a genre is that—when it works—the romance heightens the suspense while the suspense deepens the romance. Frequently, these books are about those who don’t know what they’re getting into, which also serves to increase the tension.

Shiloh Walker’s If You Know Her is the final book in her Ash trilogy. In the first book, we were introduced to a brutal killer who is still at large, still unknown, when If You Know Her begins, despite the police having closed the case because they think they’ve killed the killer. Nia Hollister, the first victim’s cousin, has returned to Ash because, as she says,

“I can’t go home. I can’t. In my gut, I know there’s something more to what happened. I know it. And I’m going crazy just sitting at home—I can’t work, I can’t sleep, I can barely eat. This is dominating my mind and unless I do something, it’s going to drive me crazy.”

Read the rest at http://www.criminalelement.com/blogs/2012/02/fresh-meat-if-you-know-her-by-shilo...
  CrimeHQ | Apr 11, 2013 |
IF YOU KNOW HER, by Shiloh Walker, is the suspenseful conclusion to the Ash Trilogy. Although these books tend to be an overall POV from the citizens of Ash, this book focused on the romantic relationship between Law, a ten-year resident of Ash, and Nia, a photojournalist who is the cousin of the woman who was murdered in If You Hear Her.

Throughout the books I've been patiently waiting for Law's turn at being the main POV and it finally came! Remy and Ezra are great characters but Law has always been my favorite. It took me a little bit to get used to Nia since her introduction to Law was anything but subtle but, as with the the rest of the characters in each book, I learned to like her too. Their chemistry was very (very very) hot and their relationship started off a lot different then others in the series. More of a lets bang then get to know each other but it definitely worked for me!

If I thought If You See Her was suspenseful, it had nothing on this book. The pieces started to fall into place about the killer relatively early in the book (thank goodness because I don't know how much longer I could have waited) and once they fell into place for the characters all hell broke loose. This person was not going down without a fight and seemed to appear on the heels of the Ash residents he wanted to hurt. By the second half of the book I literally could not stop. I blocked off time to just sit and read until I was finished. And the ending….it was goooood.

Once again Walker does not cease to amaze me and this series solidified my love for this author. I love how she is so versatile in the genres she writes and I will not not read a book she comes out with.

Overall, fantastic series. I am normally a paranormal buff but I think I will have to try more romantic suspense because I can't see to get enough now! Bravo Shiloh, bravo.
  sithereandread | Mar 4, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345517555, Mass Market Paperback)

A SHADOW IN THE WINDOW

Nia Hollister doesn’t scare easily. She’s returned to Ash, Kentucky, with a vengeance—and with a mission: find the killer who brutally ended her cousin’s life. What she didn’t count on was trembling with desire every time she sees Law Reilly. If any man can help her escape the nightmares for a while, it’s him. But can she allow herself to take comfort in those strong arms when her sister’s killer still roams free?

She may think she’s a bad ass, but she should not have come back to his town. He is watching her—as she slips into Law Reilly’s house, as she storms into the sheriff’s office. These men won’t be able to protect her when her time comes. Timing is everything, though he can’t wait forever. She’s nosing around the woods, looking for his hiding place. Yes, he is watching her . . . through the window . . . in her bed . . .

If she’s not scared, she should be . . . because he is very good at what he does.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:31 -0400)

Nia Hollister doesn't scare easily. She's returned to Ash, Kentucky, with a vengeance--and with a mission: find the killer who brutally ended her cousin's life. What she didn't count on was trembling with desire every time she sees Law Reilly.

64 wanted1 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,455,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible