If You Know Her by Shiloh Walker

If You Know Her

by Shiloh Walker

We pick up 6 months after Jolene Hollister's death with her cousin Nia still not over her cousins death and doesn’t feel closure even with what happened at the end of the 2nd book.

Then we go into the killers head and find out about his first kill and how it came about. Interesting for me the author made it look like if his first love hadn’t goaded him to get rough with her while having sex he may not have found out he had a taste for killing in that manner. The killer at Ezra and Lena's wedding reception well known to others but we still don’t know "who" he is. Some clues are given but still not quite enough.

Nia decides after looking over cases where women were raped and killed and finding a tiny thread that is similar to Jolene's case that she needs to go back to Ash. Once there she meets with the new sheriff who is Ezra King. It’s in talking to him she finds another eerie similarity that we the readers knew from the first book that Jolene and Lena are dead ringers for each other.

Law had been a lost soul since the attack and his old love Lena getting married and Hope now with Remy. When he sees Nia coming out of the Sheriff's ofc he doesn’t understand why he suddenly feels alive when he see's Nia but is beginning to think he is tired of fighting whatever he is feeling for her. Nia too feels that spark but feels it would be a betrayal to her cousin if she gives in and has a night of pleasure with Law. But that doesn’t last long...

Nia has also come under the radar of the killer who is wondering what she is going back in Ash. He has no beef with her if she's leaves but if she stays and keeps digging.....

From here Nia and Law get alot closer. In one of their conversation about Nia investigating on her own by going out into the woods where Lena heard the screams Law realizes he has an old map of underground tunnels. Ezra, Nia and Law go in to see if they can find them. What they find gives Law nightmares.

From here things start to progress. The killer knows his hideout has been found and starts putting into motion a plan he had all along should this happen. It’s during this that we finally get to find out who the killer is.

For the climactic scene all the couples from all three books are involved. The women actually bond together and have to save themselves.

Reading this series has been an incredible journey. We got to meet 3 couples who all had their stories continued through out all 3 books. We scratched out heads thought out the first two books wondering who the killer was. I was very excited and rubbing my hand together when the killer was finally made known but I was also sad as I read the last words knowing that the series was at an end.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
4.5 stars. Satisfying conclusion to this trilogy; guessing (though you can't unring a bell, and I can't unread the two previous books) it would work fine as a standalone.

Nia Hollister, heroine of this book and close-as-sisters cousin to the serial killer murder victim in the first book, is bi-racial. Kudos to the author for making a person of color the co-lead; however, besides an occasional description of skin tone, that's not really used. There are no cultural indications (music, reading, etc.) or interior thoughts Nia is any different from the people in this small Kentucky town, population about 8,600. She's super-tall, thin, rides a motorcycle and she's bi-racial - but EVERYONE in the town is most concerned with her being an outsider? IMO, the author missed a golden opportunity for someone to make a racial slur, and the villain to call him/her on it, for example. If the town is well-integrated and everybody gets along (it could happen, I'd like to think), this has not been well-established in this or in the other books.

Law Reilly, who was introduced in earlier books, is truly a hero and deserves the hot woman of his fantasies; he's also too much of a gentleman to take advantage of her when they are both drunk. Kudos to the author on that, AND on the consistent use of condoms.

I loved the way few characters in this were naive or dumb; from Ezra King, now the Sheriff, to the bad guy (who yes, I did have pegged from the first novel onward) to Nia and Law, the characters are all smart, sexy people. Some loose ends remain loose: why did the bad guy who tried to kill Hope in book #2 develop a fondness for her here; whatever happened to the arsonist Jennings kid sent to the mental institution on book #2? Plenty of red herrings and hot smexy love scenes throughout the series and in this book, and in the end, the bad guy bites it, the good guys win, and the heroes and heroines get their Happily Ever After. ( )
  writerbeverly | May 1, 2014 |
This was the best book of the trilogy, but then everything wraps up in this book. You find out who the killer is (and boy, that was an extremely big surprise, but then I guess serial killers usually are). There are a lot of people who I'm sad because they die in this book and even in previous books. You really get to like characters and then they go and die on you. The worst death to me was in the second book.

I would highly recommend this trilogy to pretty much anyone. The suspense is great. You have no clue who the killer is until the author wants you to know. You read from the killer's point of view several times throughout the series, but it isn't until the author gives a very obvious clue that you learn who he is. Then in the next chapter, she starts using his name and you know for certain.

I want to thank Shiloh Walker for these books. They were provided to me by her from a contest on Twitter. I've read several of her books and have enjoyed most of them. This series really wasn't on my radar, because I normally read more along the paranormal and there is nothing paranormal about this series. I'm so glad that I read them. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
"Fresh Meat" by Laura K. Curtis for Criminal Element

One of the things I like about romantic suspense as a genre is that—when it works—the romance heightens the suspense while the suspense deepens the romance. Frequently, these books are about those who don’t know what they’re getting into, which also serves to increase the tension.

Shiloh Walker’s If You Know Her is the final book in her Ash trilogy. In the first book, we were introduced to a brutal killer who is still at large, still unknown, when If You Know Her begins, despite the police having closed the case because they think they’ve killed the killer. Nia Hollister, the first victim’s cousin, has returned to Ash because, as she says,

“I can’t go home. I can’t. In my gut, I know there’s something more to what happened. I know it. And I’m going crazy just sitting at home—I can’t work, I can’t sleep, I can barely eat. This is dominating my mind and unless I do something, it’s going to drive me crazy.”

Read the rest at http://www.criminalelement.com/blogs/2012/02/fresh-meat-if-you-know-her-by-shilo...
  CrimeHQ | Apr 11, 2013 |
IF YOU KNOW HER, by Shiloh Walker, is the suspenseful conclusion to the Ash Trilogy. Although these books tend to be an overall POV from the citizens of Ash, this book focused on the romantic relationship between Law, a ten-year resident of Ash, and Nia, a photojournalist who is the cousin of the woman who was murdered in If You Hear Her.

Throughout the books I've been patiently waiting for Law's turn at being the main POV and it finally came! Remy and Ezra are great characters but Law has always been my favorite. It took me a little bit to get used to Nia since her introduction to Law was anything but subtle but, as with the the rest of the characters in each book, I learned to like her too. Their chemistry was very (very very) hot and their relationship started off a lot different then others in the series. More of a lets bang then get to know each other but it definitely worked for me!

If I thought If You See Her was suspenseful, it had nothing on this book. The pieces started to fall into place about the killer relatively early in the book (thank goodness because I don't know how much longer I could have waited) and once they fell into place for the characters all hell broke loose. This person was not going down without a fight and seemed to appear on the heels of the Ash residents he wanted to hurt. By the second half of the book I literally could not stop. I blocked off time to just sit and read until I was finished. And the ending….it was goooood.

Once again Walker does not cease to amaze me and this series solidified my love for this author. I love how she is so versatile in the genres she writes and I will not not read a book she comes out with.

Overall, fantastic series. I am normally a paranormal buff but I think I will have to try more romantic suspense because I can't see to get enough now! Bravo Shiloh, bravo.
  sithereandread | Mar 4, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345517555, Mass Market Paperback)

A SHADOW IN THE WINDOW

Nia Hollister doesn’t scare easily. She’s returned to Ash, Kentucky, with a vengeance—and with a mission: find the killer who brutally ended her cousin’s life. What she didn’t count on was trembling with desire every time she sees Law Reilly. If any man can help her escape the nightmares for a while, it’s him. But can she allow herself to take comfort in those strong arms when her sister’s killer still roams free?

She may think she’s a bad ass, but she should not have come back to his town. He is watching her—as she slips into Law Reilly’s house, as she storms into the sheriff’s office. These men won’t be able to protect her when her time comes. Timing is everything, though he can’t wait forever. She’s nosing around the woods, looking for his hiding place. Yes, he is watching her . . . through the window . . . in her bed . . .

If she’s not scared, she should be . . . because he is very good at what he does.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:42 -0400)

Nia Hollister doesn't scare easily. She's returned to Ash, Kentucky, with a vengeance--and with a mission: find the killer who brutally ended her cousin's life. What she didn't count on was trembling with desire every time she sees Law Reilly.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,547,122 books! | Top bar: Always visible