15 Seconds by Andrew Gross

15 Seconds (edition 2012)

by Andrew Gross

Tags:R-2012

15 Seconds by Andrew Gross

Gripping thriller. ( )
  oldstick | Jul 30, 2014 |
This was an audio book and I have discovered that I do not like audio books. I had a hard time following the story line but then it was being read to me while my attention was being diverted elsewhere. The narrator did all the parts and somehow the female version of his voice tended to put me off rather than make me want to keep listening. I may want to get the hardcover version and actually read the story rather than have it read to me. ( )
  carfor12 | Jan 10, 2014 |
Exciting! I listened to the audiobook version and it was really hard to pause it. It really kept me wanting to hear what was going to happen next. Good narrator too. ( )
  Barb_H | Nov 10, 2013 |
If you ever think you are having a bad day, just read the first few chapters of this book. Your life will seem so charmed then. This book is non stop heart pounding fun to read. The action does not let up throughout the book, almost putting you on overload.

The characters were developed strongly, and they were tied in together very well. The first few chapters had me kind of wondering what was going on, the stories seemed scattered, unrelated to each other. The author then ties them together masterfully.

It's a quick read, non stop action, and has characters you can root for. When it was finally disclosed who the culprit was, I almost stopped reading, because you can guess how it turned out. But I am glad I finished it. I highly recommend reading this book. ( )
  DavidRainey | Jun 9, 2013 |
Maybe a little too grisly for ME in places but it is listed as a "thriller" and it was certainly a compelling audio to listen to while I was doing some work that didn't require any mental effort. And of course once you're into something like this novel you need to keep going to find out how everything turns out! ( )
  nyiper | May 25, 2013 |

15 seconds can tear your life apart...

Henry Steadman didn't know what was about to hit him when he pulled up to a red light. A successful Florida plastic surgeon, he is in town to deliver a keynote address at a conference when suddenly his life becomes an unrelenting chase to stay alive.

Stopped by the police for a minor traffic violation, the situation escalates and he is pulled from his vehicle, handcuffed and told he is under arrest. Several other police cars arrive and the questioning turns scary, but just as Henry is released and about to move on, a blue sedan pulls up and the officer is suddenly killed. As the car speeds away, there is only one suspect left behind–Henry. In that moment, his idyllic life becomes a free fall into hell as he becomes the target of a police manhunt, as well as being pursued by a cunning, unnamed perpetrator bent on some kind of vengeance.

When Henry turns to a close friend for help, and he, too, ends up dead, Henry realizes he's being elaborately framed. But in a chilling twist, the stakes grow even darker, and he is unable to go to the police to clear his name, without bringing on dire and deadly consequences.

With breakneck pacing and nonstop action, 15 Seconds shows what can happen when even the best life is turned upside down in an instant. It is also the story of an innocent man, framed for murder, who has to save the person he loves the most, all while being drawn closer and closer to an inevitable face-to-face standoff with a man determined to destroy his life.

When a random act of violence plunges him into a nightmarish world, Henry Steadman, a successful surgeon accused of murdering two people, must clear his name and discover who is trying to destroy him in order to save himself and his family.

Andrew Gross is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,968,080 books! | Top bar: Always visible