Where You Are by Tammara Webber

I really liked "Easy", but this series is just a little too YA for me. I don't like having four different viewpoints on the plot and with the exception of Graham, the characters aren't super likeable. It was basically 300 pages of will they or won't they, after already going through this whole routine in the first book. I don't think I'll read the other two books in the series. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
I was a bit disappointed with Where You Are and it currently sits as the worst rated Tammara Webber book on my read shelf. Sitting at a rounded three stars isn't bad, but coming off of the high of Between the Lines I have to admit I expected better.

I feel like there were too many negative characters in the book, throwing off the balance. Brooke and Reid control a big portion of this book, taking the light off of Emma and Graham. There were, in my opinion, too many perspectives in the book.

My little rule for myself is that if it contains more than three perspectives, write in third person, but because the first book was written in first, I'm guessing that you're not allowed to make the switch. Anyway, multiple point of views in first person is one of my pet peeves, I don't expect anyone to feel the same way.

Emma and Graham's "romance" felt a bit dull, too. Definitely not worth the effort that Brooke and Reid put into breaking it up, surely. I wish that it had been given more of an opportunity to shine, and more of an opportunity for the two to sort out their differences and figure out what they want from each other.

Anyway, I look forward to the third book regardless of how this one made me feel. It's notorious that the second book in a series or trilogy is the worst one of the lot. I'm actually hoping it is the case, and not the story itself being boring. ( )
  Tarklovishki | Oct 31, 2014 |
The sequel to Between the Lines didn't reach the caliber of the first, but it was still an enjoyable read. The problem was really that I didn't love Graham so much. He's the epitome of a nice guy, but a little boring. Part of the allure of Reid is that he's a bad boy, but he has flashes of goodness, so it makes you root for him, even when he's making REALLY bad choices. There's the eternal hope that he'll come to his senses, be reformed, fall in love, and come clean. And hopefully that happens in the third book.

The middle section of this book, with Graham and Emma so desperately in love with one another, was a little tough to read, since it was sickeningly sweet. When I was in college and dating my now-husband, we actually fed each other jello in the school cafeteria. *insert eye roll here* Our friends wanted to kill us. No one wanted to be around us because our blind affection for one another was so gag inducing. I didn't care then, just as Emma and Graham don't care. And while I'm happy for them, I don't really want to watch (or read, as the case may be) while they tell each other lovey dovey stories over Skype.

Webber's creativity in the nefarious break-them-up plot was impressive (evil mastermind, methinks! lol) and it kept the book moving along, so overall I'd say it was worth reading, particularly if the aforementioned Reid conversion happens in book three. ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
I'm thinking 3.8ish...

So this was a definite improvement from the first book. Brooke and Reid plot to break Emma and Graham apart using lies and deceit. Naturally, after some tears and heartache Brooke's boomerang makes the expected 180 and knocks her on her virtual ass. That was a fun part, btw. Reid got off with a slap on the wrist. I wonder if he'll succumb to love or continue his careless playboy days. ( )
  TheBookHammock | Sep 24, 2013 |
This is a continuation of the story that began in book 1, Between the Lines. I rarely say this, but I feel they should be read in order. The plot in book 1 is pivotal in making the plot here work.

I'm unsure how I feel about this book. The romance aspects were enjoyable and worth reading. The rest...not so much. Brook's scheming and manipulating felt forced and cliched. That she roped Reid into and Graham was so clueless just added to the lack of believablilty. It was all a bit too over the top. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |

"Graham Douglas doesn't do romantic relationships, but he was knocked for a loop when he met Emma Pierce on the set of his last film. As they grew closer, he did everything in his power to keep from falling for a girl being pursued by superstar Reid Alexander. Now home in New York, his life is once again under control, until Emma appears and shows him how not over her he is." -- Back cover.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,088,814 books! | Top bar: Always visible