Arctic Floor by Mark Aitken

Arctic Floor

by Mark Aitken

611,268,033 (3)None

There is nothing quite like a marketing executive, especially when they work in publishing. These are the people who come up with the fantastic ideas like: dog on the cover because dogs sell books, no dogs in the book; bright and cheery cover art, book about a serial killer; quotes recommending the book by famous authors, authors that have the same publisher. In this case the marketing department came up with a brilliant idea: Matthew Reilly is an Australian author who sells a lot of books, let's mention him on the cover, despite the fact that the two authors write in a completely different style.

I grabbed Mark's book from my local library because I saw he had a new book out, the third in a series, and I hadn't heard of him previously. A fellow Aussie author, with a comparison to Matthew Reilly on the cover: this should be gold. Needless to say, the marketing people drew me in with false advertising. Mark's book is a thriller and was a decent read, but he was more Cussler or Archer than Reilly. In fact, I was more reminded of Sahara (swap baking temperatures for freezing cold) than I was of Ice Station.

False advertising aside, this is quite a decent thriller. Worth a read, if you are after a James Rollins or Clive Cussler style novel. I'd expect later books in this series will probably "grab" the reader more, so maybe check out Mark's new one. ( )
  TysonAdams | Jun 20, 2017 |

Ex-US Marine hero, Gerry Galen is caught in the middle of a lethal international battle for control of the Arctic's massive oil deposits in a high-octane new thriller guaranteed to get your heart racing - move over Matthew Reilly.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,983,991 books! | Top bar: Always visible