Seeker of Shadows by Nancy Gideon

Seeker of Shadows

by Nancy Gideon

331338,203 (4)None

When I was offered this book for review I was a little hesitant because I had not read any other books in this series and was worried about being lost in the story. Luckily Nancy does give enough information that I could follow along with the plot, but I could tell there were holes in the backstory that I knew I was missing. I understand the mythology behind the shifters and the humans, but the Ancients and the Chosen are a still a little fuzzy. That is by no means the fault of the author. I am pointing it out because I would not recommended doing what I did by coming in at this point in the series. I would start from the beginning so there would not be any confusion.

In Seeker of Shadows the main characters are a Chosen, Susanna and a shifter, Jacques. I was drawn to this story because I love when we follow lovers who have had a past already and these two definitely have a difficult history to work through. Susanna made a choice seven years ago to try and save Jacques life, but in doing so he had to lose all his memories of her. So when he crosses paths with Susanna he has no idea that she is actually the mate that he longs to find. From the moment the two of them see each other I could not wait for everything to come out and watch how they dealt with it. The situation was so exciting and intense and I relished watching it all unfold in front of me.

The action in this book starts right from the beginning and is a solid presence all the way to the last page. There seemed to be danger around every corner and I was not quite sure where the next attack was going to come from. The Chosen stop at nothing to get what they want and they wanted something the shifters had. I was not quite sure what it was at first, but it was fun to try and piece together all the mysteries that arose in this book.

While the action was intense so was the romance. Jacques has no memories of what he and Susanna shared, but she does. She has lived with it for seven years and has been missing him every second. She does not want to give into her feelings for Jacques again, but being around him all the time makes it very difficult not too. Jacques has not been dealt the easiest hand in life and he could have easily taken the bitter rout, but he remained very sweet and takes care of those that he has come to care about. He does often try to hide his kindness behind a tough exterior, but he could not keep that tender side from Susannah for long. She and Jacques were burning up the pages and had me rooting for them to work through all the issues keeping them apart.

The ending of the book was the only point where I wanted a little more. Everything got resolved rather quickly and I wanted to see our characters settle in a little more than they were. However, since it seems that Nancy weaves past novels characters into current ones, I am hoping we will get to see more from Susannah, Jacques and Pearl in future novels. There are quite a few unresolved issues at the end of the book. Now that I have discovered this world I will definitely be back to see how events play out. I will also be going back to read this series from the beginning to fill in the gaps that I missed.

Overall, Seeker of Shadows was a solid paranormal romance read. There were well developed characters that I enjoyed getting to know, the action was exciting and the romance was hot! I am very happy to have discovered this world and will definitely be reading more from Nancy. I would recommend checking this series out to anyone who loves a good paranormal read. ( )
  ABookwormsHaven | Aug 9, 2012 |

Arriving in New Orleans to settle a debt, Susanna Duchamps succumbs to temptation with a man she has never been able to forget until a blood confrontation erupts between their enemy clans, forcing her to reveal a secret from her past that affects both of them--and will change everything.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,986,495 books! | Top bar: Always visible