Fame by Tilly Bagshawe

Great mindless, fun read! ( )
  nicholsm | Nov 17, 2014 |
Reviewed by: Crystal B
Book provided by: provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

: Fame is the first work I have read by Tilly Bagshawe, I always enjoy finding new authors. I enjoyed reading this book that basically felt like a behind the scenes look into a movie production. The story starts with Dorian Rasmirez finding the actors to work on his newest project. The story takes us all the way from the beginning of the movie until after they have finished the production and it’s ready for release. There is some drama when it comes to release time but I don’t want to spoil that for you.

Here are my thoughts and feelings on the main characters in the book.

Dorian has his hands full with a very showy, irritating wife. I liked Dorian and the fact that he really did try to please his wife, she just wasn’t the please able type. I also liked that how he worked with his actors and was able to form friendships with them as they worked through the film. As for that wife of his, Chrissie, that woman is a piece of work and I did not like her at all. She was so not worthy of the husband that has treated her like a queen.

Sabrina the lead actress in the film starts out with a really bad attitude but as the story went on I found myself actually liking her and hoping for the best for her. At the beginning of this book I will admit that I really did not like this girl. I thought she was a spoiled actress that thought she was allowed to act badly just because of who she is.

Viorel Hudson the lead actor has lead an interesting life. He was adopted as a child with a cold upbringing. I really liked Viorel even when he had moments of just being the typical Hollywood Playboy. He too definitely grew as the story went on.

Tish Crewe has been working in Romania helping the orphaned children. She goes home to England to help with her family home. It turns out this is where a lot of the movie scenes take place. Tish has her hands full with her brother who owns the estate but has a terrible habit of disappearing. I admired Tish from the beginning she is a very busy woman but takes the time to go home to help clean up the mess her brother left behind. I loved that she is a single parent raising her adorable adopted son Abel. Able forms a strong bond with Viorel. I loved how this movie star that is making huge money to shoot this film takes time to bond with this sweet boy.

This is a really long book but there is so much story to be told that I never found myself not totally enthralled with the drama, the romances, and twists and turns along the way. I really loved how Tilly Bagshawe wrapped the story up at the end. I really didn’t expect some of the things that happened. I don’t want to spoil anything so I’ll just say that you must read it for yourself. ( )
  RtB | Jun 4, 2013 |

This is not 'celebrity.' This is the real deal. This is Fame. If you are a fan of Jilly Cooper and Penny Vincenzi then Tilly Bagshawe is a must read. The raw, sexual beauty of Sabrina Leon demands the attention of all who come into contact with her. Plucked from obscurity at the age of seventeen she's the new darling of the film scene, bagging lead roles in the hottest blockbusters. But Sabrina Leon has a problem. There's a youtube sensation on the web that's set to destroy everything she's fought for! Hotshot movie producer Dorian Razmirez has struggles of his own. A bitter feud with rival producer and playboy, Harry Greene, has resulted in the plug being pulled on every project he goes near. Casting the disgraced Hollywood diva Sabrina Leon in Wuthering Heights is a risk that might cost him what remains of his career. Viorel Hudson, with his jet-black hair, high, slanting cheekbones and smooth, coffee coloured skin, was always destined for great things. Now he's scored a role that every A-lister in Hollywood auditioned for -- Heathcliff in Dorian Razmirez's Wuthering Heights. He may be at the height of his career, but is he ready for his latest role? For a five million pound pay cheque, it's a risk he's willing to take. Set against a backdrop of a sumptuous crumbling English country house, the film-set of Wuthering Heights is going to be as salacious as the setting is beautiful.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:45 -0400)

The raw, sexual beauty of Sabrina Leon demands the attention of all who come into contact with her. Plucked from obscurity at the age of 17 she's the new darling of the film scene, bagging lead roles in the hottest blockbusters. But Sabrina Leon has a problem. There's a youtube sensation that's set to destroy everything she's fought for.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,041 books! | Top bar: Always visible