Eden: A Novel by Janelle Stalder

Eden: A Novel

by Janelle Stalder

363313,489 (4)None

I won this book in a competition here on goodreads and I'm so glad I did. I loved the story and the writing style. I finished it desperate for more and was really happen when I read it was book 1 of a planned series :D

It reminded me of Tamora Pierce's Tortall series and Marianne Curley's novel Old Magic, so if you enjoyed either of those you'll like this a lot. Brilliant characters and complex relationships which conjure so many questions. ( )
  jadedlioness | Dec 29, 2015 |
deleting reviews if you want to take a look at them you can do so on my blog, link on my profile ( )
  karlaihdez | Sep 20, 2013 |
Eden by Janelle Stalder

Goodreads Book Description

Trapped within the cruel world of hormones and bullies, fifteen-year-old Aiden is convinced life has more to offer him. His instincts are proven correct on the night he is awakened by a voice calling to him from outside his window. As he sleepily peers into his yard, his eyes slowly focus on a woman who says she is there to take him to Eden. Aiden is about to fulfill the life purpose he never knew he had.

It is in Eden, a land on the brink of war, where Aiden will finally learn to trust himself and those around him. Accompanied by Wolf, his sidekick Logan, and the beautiful archer, Elisa, Aiden is soon thrust into a battle to save Eden. Meanwhile Elisa, the only girl in the King’s Army, is in the midst of her own struggles. Betrothed to a man she has no intention of marrying, Elisa is caught between the need to prove herself and her desire for true happiness. And now that she has met Aiden, she is more confused than ever.

In this action-packed fantasy tale, romance, adventure, and intrigue surround Aiden as he learns just what he is capable of when he discovers confidence and courage.

My Review:

I really enjoyed this novel written by Janelle Stalder, her writing is fantastic, easy to read, and character and plot development is written extremely well. This was one of those stories that once you start reading you don't stop till you reach the very end. Janelle Stalder has created a unique world and shared it with us; I cannot wait to read the next installment in this series.

This story has two plots running and Janelle Stalder did a great job in combining the two worlds.

Lets first talk about Aiden, 15 year old young man who is tall, skinny a bit awkward and feels out of place most of the time. We see him struggling in school, being bullied and you feel for him right away. His home life appears to be okay, has a new baby sister who you can see he loves. I have to say again that Janelle did a terrific job writing the interactions between brother and sister it was touching to see a young man love his baby sister.

One night he sees something and approaches a person asking them what they want? His life is about to change and he doesn't know if he can pull this off. Can Aiden believe in himself to help save Eden?

There are many other character's introduced in the story and I absolute loved it, I cannot wait for the next book. It's very hard to say much more without using spoilers.

I can and will say again that if your reading my review you need to go put this book "Eden" on your list to read right now, or better then that you should go purchase it immediately.

here is the link to amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Eden-A-Novel-ebook/dp/B005ZS3C5C/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UT...

TanaT | Aug 7, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,500,610 books! | Top bar: Always visible