Crash Into You (A Loving on the Edge Novel)…

Crash Into You (A Loving on the Edge Novel)

by Roni Loren

I liked this story. The characters were well drawn and the BDSM aspect was handled with taste. There was a little suspense toward the end of the story, but it was more of an after thought than the main problem. The main problem involves the two main characters finding ways to learn to be themselves rather than living up to the expectations of others. Overall, a good story. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
Nice, review at some point. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
4 1/2 stars. Full disclosure - I "met" Roni online, and have hosted her on my blog. So I was disposed to like her work from the get-go. However, I was pleasantly surprised with how deliciously hot I found this book.

I felt nervous about the BDSM angle novel, but the connection between Reid and Brynn carried me through. Call me a prude, but spanking/whipping doesn't do it for me, even in its mildest forms.

As a few of the other reviewers have noted, there's a menage scene, which I thought was totally hot. In fact, my only quibble with this book is that Jace comes close to overshadowing Reid as interesting male lead. When they're on the page at the same time, I tend to "look" at Jace (and I don't even go for blonds!)

Brynn is a wonderfully strong yet vulnerable heroine; she's a heroine not only in name, but in thought and action. To save her sister, she's willing to face some of her biggest personal demons. Reid is heroic from the time he arrives on the scene, but his past few years have not been impressive, though they are logical. The parallel storylines, now and then, worked for me, letting me see them fall in love, twice. The danger and suspense at the end was something that I felt I saw a-comin' a long way off, but there were twists and turns in it that were a total surprise. All in all, a fabulous debut, and I am waiting impatiently for Jace's story to be told in July. ( )
1 vote writerbeverly | May 1, 2014 |
One of the best erotica books I've ever read. Roni Loren's Crash Into You is so smoking hot, I was in danger of spontaneous combustion! The characters were likable (and lickable- hehe), and the tension between them only fanned the flames. I dinged it a star because I thought I didn't 100% buy the bad guy (I won't go into any spoilers here!) and because it took me a little while to figure out exactly what they intended to do with Kelsey once they found her, but other than that, I devoured the book.

It's going on my keeper bookshelf! ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
Originally posted on my blog.

I have been saying that I will never read erotica novels. However, since knowing Roni via Twitter and her blog, I just had to read her book. And while erotica is still not my favorite genre, I do believe that I will be reading the rest of her books. I probably won’t venture too far into this genre because it is just not my cup of tea, but Roni has a great voice, wonderful characters, and a great plot.

First Impression: I have been wanting to read this book for a while. Though it is not my genre of choice, I was hooked by the synopsis. It is romance, suspense, and sex all rolled into one book. I was a little weary because I am not a fan of the BDSM erotic genre, but I decided to give it a go.

First 50 – 100 Pages: I was so incredibly hooked within the first two chapters. I could not put this book down. I loved seeing the “then” and “now” so that we could really understand the relationship between Reid and Brynn. Not only were the characters addicting, but Roni’s writing is brilliant and really engages you.

Characters: Brynn is a tough character. Which surprised me because I have been under false assumptions that subs are, well…submissive. I always thought that this would apply to every aspect of life, but with Brynn this is not the case. She helps abused women gain their life back, she is the one in charge of her family to make sure they all stay healthy and alive.

Reid is a pretty complex character. It was interesting to see that switch of his caring and tender side, to the dom/”sir” side. While I know Brynn likes both sides, I just don’t think my brain or emotions would be able to handle this. Maybe because I’m not a sub I don’t see the appeal in this. As for appeal, in my mind, Reid is really, really good lookin’. Roni sure knows how to give pretty mental images of good looking people.

Jace or Jason is probably my favorite character. While we don’t see him in every chapter, he is a huge character and very influential. I really liked his “do something about it” approach with Reid and I loved the tenderness and protectiveness toward Brynn.

Plot: I loved how in this book there was always something happening. Every scene was perfect and nothing seemed superfluous. While it was fast paced, it wasn’t so fast as to where I couldn’t keep the plot or characters straight. There were soft moments when there needed to be soft moments and then hard hitting moments when the reader needed to be hit in the face.

As for the combination of mystery and sex, I did find myself having to skip over the heavy BDSM scenes, as I knew would probably happen. Some of the more “mild” sex scenes I actually really enjoyed. I just don’t particularly care for the submissive and dominant aspect of the book, but like I said, I wanted to try reading something like this just once.

When it came to the end of the book, I was very impressed. When the mystery is solved, I was only surprised by one of the perps. (See, I watch SVU, I know the terminology.)

Final Thoughts: I am so happy that I read this book. The likelihood that I will be reading more of Roni’s books is incredibly high. I will still have to skip over some of BDSM themes, but she has such a way of making you relate to characters and be fully invested in the story. If you are a romance and mystery fan, you should definitely be reading this book. ( )
  Ashley_McElyea | Dec 15, 2013 |

Sometimes the past can bring you to your knees...

Brynn LeBreck has dedicated herself to helping women in crisis, but she never imagined how personal her work would get, or where it would take her. Her younger sister is missing, suspected to be hiding from cops and criminals alike at a highly secretive BDSM retreat--a place where the elite escape to play out their most extreme sexual fantasies. To find her Brynn must go undercover as a sexual submissive. Unfortunately, The Ranch is invitation only. And the one Master who can get her in is from the darkest corner of Brynn's past.

Brynn knows what attorney Reid Jamison is like once stripped of his conservative suit and tie. Years ago she left herself vulnerable only to have him crush her heart. Now she needs him again. Back on top. And he's all too willing to engage. But as their primal desires and old wounds are exposed, the sexual games escalate--and so does the danger.  Their hearts aren't the only things at risk. Someone else is watching, playing by his own rules. And his game could be murder.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:32 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,021,651 books! | Top bar: Always visible