The Forgotten Girls by Sara Blaedel

The Forgotten Girls (2011)

by Sara Blaedel

Series: Louise Rick (7)

English (30)  Dutch (2)  All (32)
This is the first book I've ready by Sara Blaedel, so I really had no idea what to expect. I experienced this novel with an audio book, which may have allowed me to miss a few details, although I don't feel that I missed anything impertinent to the story. I felt like the book had a strong premise, and was delivered with confidence and strength that showed through. ( )
  klbradley | May 9, 2018 |
Scandinavian crime fiction has become very popular in the last few years. Ever since Stieg Larsson’s THE-GIRL-WHO books, it seems like an author need only be Scandinavian for readers in the United States to clamor for his books.

A case in point is THE FORGOTTEN GIRLS by Sara Blaedel. This book has received many reviews dripping with praise. But, although the main characters are adults and some of the descriptions are not appropriate for young people, this book reads like a YA novel. Perhaps that is because it is a translation. Whatever the reason, this book is too easy to put down.

Other opinions of THE FORGOTTEN GIRLS seem to outnumber mine. So maybe you should believe them. ( )
  techeditor | Apr 10, 2018 |
A woman's body is found in the forest, but no one seems to know who she is. Louise Rick then discovers that the woman is already dead, or rather that she was a patient in a state mental institution and was declared dead 30 years ago. Now Louise and her colleague Eik must find out how a woman can be declared dead and then end up dead for real decades later.

Have you ever read something good, but at the same time revolting to read? You know the kind of engrossing book, but with a really really sick ending? This book is that kind of book. I started to read it yesterday, read it this night when my cat didn't want to sleep and kept me up and I finished it today. And, it was such a good book, a real page-turner.

Louise Rick is the new commander for the Missing Persons Department and I sometimes found her to have a bit of an attitude problem, but slowly pieces from her past reveled and that made it easier to understand her. Eik her new colleague annoyed Louise quite a lot in the beginning and I can understand that since she had to pick him up from a pub in the morning and he was a bit hungover not the best first impression, but they worked well together when she realized what a great cop he is. The case itself was interesting and as I mentioned quite disturbing. Besides the fact that they have the dead women mystery to figure out, a rapist is also attacking women in the woods where they found her. Louise also has to deal with memories from the past and her best friends problems with her upcoming wedding.

The book was really good and I want to read the previous six books in this series.

4.5 stars

Thanks to Grand Central Publishing and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
Louise Rick ( )
  susannelson | Sep 8, 2017 |
First of hers I've read. Just too much violence against women for me to want to try others. Rick and her background are worthy of further exploration but I won't seek her out. ( )
  froxgirl | Jul 15, 2017 |

ik verlang naar jou
je moest eens weten
hoe ze mij mishandelen
ik moet op bed liggen
met een riem en handschoenen aan
een eigen kleine moedertje
ik verlang naar jou.

Solborgs boek door Solborg Ruth Kristensen.
My own dear mother

I long for you

If only you knew

How they mistreat me

Confined to bed

Bound by belt and gloves

Dear mother

I long for you

--Solborgs bog
by

Solborg Ruth Kristensen
'Weg' komt, 'Weg' komt, bonkte het in haar oren.

Louise Rick, the new commander of the Missing Persons Department is able to identify a woman found dead in a local forest, but records indicate that she has been dead for thirty years along with her twin.

"The body of an unidentified woman was discovered in a local forest. A large, unique scar on one side of her face should have made the identification easy, but nobody has reported her missing. As the new commander of the Missing Persons Department, Louise [Rick] risks involving the media by releasing a photo of the victim, hoping to find someone who knew her"--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,328,042 books! | Top bar: Always visible