Photographic Detonation & Other Tales by…

Photographic Detonation & Other Tales

by Amanda Lawrence Auverigne

104880,191 (2)None

For short stories, "Photographic Detonation and Other Tales" is a quick fun read. The author is descriptive and while the stories do start and end semi-abruptly, they are short stories and I wouldn't want to wade through 100 pages of details. With some refinement, Auverigne could produce more short stories or even better longer stories. The weekness overall were the endings, but endings are often a challenge; with time it will be interesting to see what she comes up with! ( )
  brie867 | Jan 8, 2012 |
Not really what I would call horror stories (well maybe the last one might qualify). Not really what I would call very well constructed stories either. All the stories start and end abruptly. There are good initial ideas but none written well enough to completion. I wanted to like the stories but I just couldn't get around the uninteresting factor and the lack of depth they had. ( )
  Spiceca | Dec 25, 2011 |
My second book I've reviewed by Ms. Auverigne and I had such high hopes. Unfortunately, it was much like the other one. The one thing that really grated on my nerves was the constant use of the word "form" for the body. Surely, in an erotic novel, there are sexier words out there than form. It usually took so long to get to the climax of the story that I had lost interest paragraphs ago and in one story I was hoping the guy would rip her head off and suck her dry because I just didn't care anymore. ( )
  Ani36ol | Dec 20, 2011 |
I love a good horror tale. It's a shame the writing doesn't live up to the ideas.

The story ideas have potential but the writing failed to make them come alive. It seems as though the author is trying to pad out the stories with excess words, rather than quality ones, as though she is trying to reach a word count. ( )
  smeagol23 | Dec 9, 2011 |

Amanda Lawrence Auverigne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,014,725 books! | Top bar: Always visible