Playing to Win by Jaci Burton

Playing to Win

by Jaci Burton

Playing to Win
2 Stars

Unfortunately, the books in this series have lost their originality and it is simply more of the same in each installment. That said, this one does have a some plot in between the sex scenes, which makes it an improvement over the last book.

Cole starts out as a narcissistic jerk who is only interested in getting in Savannah's pants. He does change over the course of the book but it feels forced rather than as a natural consequence of Savannah's advice.

Savannah runs hot and cold - jumping on Cole minute only to run home as fast as she can in the next. She has issues with abandonment that she also gets over quite easily.

Have no idea why I keep reading this series - perhaps I'm hoping they'll get better. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
Good but Mick is still my favorite! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
I didn't like this one. Cole is an asshole. For no apparent reason and his teams think he's a big enough asshole that even though he's a good player, he's been traded a bunch. This is his last shot, so his agent and team hire a PR person to come change his image. What he needed was a shrink--to come change his personality. Truly. I have no idea other than general hunkiness why Savannah the PR chick fell for him or put up with his crap. Her big solution, that, of course, magically works is for him to "make friends with his teammates". Um, he's a grown man. He should know how to do that, naturally, on his own, without suggestion or cajoling into it by now.

I just didn't like this one. His hotness doesn't compensate for his jerkness. Skip this one and move right onto the next (which I LOVED). You won't be missing out on anything other than his sister's introduction into this series (she's a sports therapist and they are cousins to Mick and Gavin. There I've saved you a few hours of reading something not great. You're welcome.) ( )
  mullgirl | Jun 8, 2015 |
Not my favorite in this series but still a good read. I wasn't fond of Savannah and her 'I won't get involved' on one page and sleeping with Cole on the next, and I felt Cole changed just too easily to be real. I did enjoy visiting 'old friends' and will continue with the series. ( )
  jkgrage | Nov 24, 2014 |
Okay, hottest sex scenes so far. Right up there with Gavin and Liz's. The book in general was good, but I missed some good ol' angst or just some obstacles between Cole and Savannah. They got together and then everything happened just the way it was supposed to. Take Gavin and Liz for example, they had this huge background story with Gavin's brother and that let to some great angst scenes through out the book. read the excerpt on the next book and I hope with Alicia's story things will be a little more heated. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |

Football star Cole Riley parties hard and fights harder, but if he doesn't clean up his act, his career is over. Cole reluctantly agrees to work with image makeover consultant Savannah Brooks, but he's not used to being told what to do, especially by some (admittedly hot) Southern belle. As for Savannah, she's not convinced she can transform this cocky (and aggressively sexy) force of nature. But she's determined to give it her best shot. If she can turn off the tingle she feels every time Cole gives her a hot stare with his gorgeous baby blues, he can turn off his desire as well. But for two people determined to have it all, a hands-off policy can only last so long before one of them yields.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,110,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible