The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (The…

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (The Steampunk Chronicles) (edition 2012)

by Kady Cross

Member:mlorio
Title:The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (The Steampunk Chronicles)
Authors:Kady Cross
Info:Harlequin Teen (2012), Hardcover, 416 pages
Collections:Have in paper, Read, Your library
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Fiction, Fanatsy, YA

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross

Another excellent read in this series. I would have given the book 5 stars, but I got a little annoyed at Griffin's constant trust issues and need to be "in charge" at all times. He's a leader, and he's young, but there were moments where I just wanted Emily to smack him (can't have Sam or Finley do it since they might break that pretty face). He has a real tendency to feel sorry for himself under a whole lot of different circumstances, and with the ending of this novel, I worry that we might not see that attitude change any time soon. Growing up cannot come too soon for this character. Finley has shown a HUGE amount of progress since the first book, Emily is blossoming (although she was always written as the one with her head on straight), and even Sam has made progress to being more than just the muscle (all brawn and no brains). I like the inclusion of Tesla, too, and I wonder what his inventions would have been like had technology been more steampunk at the time. Could have been really cool -- very nice touch. Off to read book 3! ( )
  ladypembroke | Nov 22, 2014 |
Finley Jayne's adventures continue in New York City. Can they save Jasper Renn?

At the end of the Girl in the Steel Corset, Jasper has been abducted and taken back to New York. Following on his heels, Griffin and the gang settle into the Waldorf-Astoria and try to find Jas. Finley quickly finds out that he's being held by a gangster-type, and decides to infiltrate the group. She doesn't realize just how dangerous this guy is, and that as charming as he is, he's no Jack Dandy.

Another fun adventure with Finley which includes an appearance by Nicola Tesla! The characters find out more about each other, and about themselves. Griffin's control over the Aether grows, along with his affections for Finley. I've been really tired of series books lately, but when I crave some adventure, I will definitely pick up the next book in this one. ( )
  eilonwyhan | Sep 19, 2014 |
The second in The Steampunk Chronicles, this book takes place in New York five days after the first book, 'The Girl in the Steel Corset,' left off. It follows teenagers Griffin, Sam, Finley, and Emily as they try to clear their friend Jasper of murder charges.

Jasper has been taken by Reno Dalton, his old gang boss. Dalton is threatening everyone Jasper loves in order to force Jasper to return a device Jasper stole from him. Jasper knows Dalton won't do anything good with the device, but feels he has no choice in the matter.

There are some interesting developments, character-wise as well as plot-wise, in this book; fans of Cross's 'The Girl in the Steel Corset' won't be disappointed. ( )
  Lee_and_JJ | Jun 19, 2014 |
Great book! ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
My only issue with the plot was the in-your-face characterization of Mei Xing which made the plot line involving her a bit predictable.

But it was still the fun, roller coaster ride of a read that I'm coming to expect from Kady Cross. Can't wait to read the next in the series. ( )
  jcmontgomery | Mar 12, 2014 |

Sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne and her "straynge band of mysfits" have journeyed from London to America to rescue their friend Jasper, hauled off by bounty hunters. But Jasper is in the clutches of a devious former friend demanding a trade ; the dangerous device Jasper stole from him for the life of the girl Jasper loves. One false move from Jasper and the strange clockwork collar around Mei's neck tightens. And tightens. From the rough streets of lower Manhattan to elegant Fifth Avenue, the motley crew of teens with supernatural abilities is on Jasper's elusive trail. And they're about to discover how far they'll go for friendship.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,399,338 books! | Top bar: Always visible