King of Darkness by Elisabeth Staab

King of Darkness

by Elisabeth Staab

fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
Black Dagger brotherhood but a lamer version... ( )
  IvieHill | Aug 6, 2015 |
This was a DNF for me. I found nothing likeable in any of the characters. Thad was major wimp, what kind of king is that? ( )
  LaCello | Sep 21, 2013 |
Wizards, Vampires, Humans, OH MY!!! Oh. Emm. Gee. This book was totally, incredibly AWESOME! Elizabeth Staab pulled me into the story instantly, kept me hooked with the suspense and the laughs, not to mention the sexy, gorgeous Vamp guys, and didn't let me go until I reached that last page. When I reached the last page, well, let's just say that I cried.....but NOT for the reason you may think. It's because now I have to WAIT for another one to release, and I don't think I'll be patient enough for that! :-)

Thad Morgan is a vampire to DIE for! Literally! I could picture him in front of me, and oh la la! His character was heartfelt and true, and really knew what he wanted when he was looking for Isabel. He's destined to be King, but first, he has to get his power. That's something he needs to find his mate for, but only ONE woman, Isabel, could be her, for she bears the identical brand that he does. Convincing her, however, is a totally different thing.

Isabel is a beautiful vampire, but she's been alone for far too long, after the death of her parents. She'll only feed on humans and won't date for long periods of time. What she can't understand though, is why on Earth her back won't stop hurting since she was branded. That is, until she meets Thad. When a wizard shows up to where she and her best friend Alexia live, Thad's forced to get her...and her friend, Alexia....out of there and back to his mansion in Virginia. Once there, things begin to happen to Isabel that she just can't explain. Especially between her and her King. Until something, or someone wants her dead, and Thad will do what ever it takes to let her know that she WILL be his Queen and not just because they're destined for it.....will she finally realize her destiny? Or will it be too late?

Reading about these amazing vampires, was, as I said, AWESOME. I haven't read many paranormal vampire novels, but boy, oh boy am I ever glad that I have started because there's just something super sexy about a caring, loving vampire! Elizabeth Staab did an incredible job at creating Thad and Isabel's characters. While the book focuses on them, Ms. Staab adds amazing secondary themes and characters with Lee, Tyra, Anton, and Siddoh. I could see them all come to life before me and the book played out in front of me perfectly.

If you are looking for a novel that will hook you with so many elements, from anger to happiness to laughs and thrilling suspense, then look no further than Ms. Staab's fantabulous 5 Book worthy novel. It will hook you start to finish, and leave YOU crying at the end when you realize you have to WAIT! I can't wait to see what Prince Of Power, Anton and Tyra's story holds for Ms. Staab's readers! Can't wait until 2013 for that one!

This review originated at Reviews By Molly. ( )
  ReviewsbyMolly | Feb 21, 2012 |

ETERNAL COMMITMENT IS NOT ON HER AGENDA...Scorned by the vampire community for her lack of power, Isabel Anthony lives a carefree existence masquerading as human--although, drifting among the debauched human nightlife, she prefers the patrons' blood to other indulgences. But when she meets the king of vampires this party girl's life turns dark and dangerous.
BUT TIME'S RUNNING OUT FOR THE KING OF VAMPIRES...Dead-set on finding the prophesied mate who will unlock his fiery powers, Thad Morgan must find his queen before their race is destroyed. Their enemies are gaining ground, and Thad needs his powers to unite his subjects. But when his search leads him to the defiant Isabel, he wonders if fate has gotten it seriously wrong...

Scorned by the vampire community for her lack of power, Isabel Anthony lives a carefree existence masquerading as human - although, drifting through the debauched human nightlife, she prefers the patron's blood to other indulgences. But when she meets the sexy, arrogant king of the vampires, the party-girl's life turns dark and dangerous.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,144,825 books! | Top bar: Always visible