Princeps by L. E. Modesitt

Princeps

by L. E. Modesitt

Series: Imager Portfolio (Book 5)

Once again we turn to the world were Imaging is magic. The use of ones mind to create something, such as Ice in the center of the brain, an offensive spell that can do serious damage. Here Modest takes his series forward to conquer his entire continent. Though it can not be done all in one book. The first half is like a FEMA mission and by far the better part of the book. Should the entire novel have been in the same vein, I think it would have been much better. By the end, as the conquest starts to gain momentum, we find the storytelling fall into a rut that will continue through the remainder of the series.

Now our hero is working on training more imagers, getting their wild powers under control so that they can be harassed to not the most perfect government but better than anyone else.

Worthy of a read, but be prepared for same-old, same old before the series is over. ( )
  DWWilkin | Jun 5, 2015 |
I finished this several days ago & was so excited to get into the next book that I forgot to review this one. It continues on with the same character from the 4th & is every bit as good. Can I say more? Sure. Should I? No. Don't start with this book. You can start with the 4th book, although I'd suggest starting with the first & read them in published order. While this set comes first chronologically, Modesitt grows our understanding of the world better in published order. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |

L. E. Modesittprimary authorall editionscalculated
Giancola, DonatoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Quaeryt's prestigious new rank and marriage to Vaelora are threatened by a devastating volcanic eruption in the old capital of Telaryn, where he is challenged to restore order in the face of chaos, corruption, and an invasion by a would-be conqueror.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,920,685 books! | Top bar: Always visible