Hunted: The Chosen series by Denise Grover…

Hunted: The Chosen series

by Denise Grover Swank

Love all the action in the story. Doesn't let up for a minute! ( )
  selinalynn69 | Aug 19, 2014 |
My opinion:
Did not enjoy this book as much as the first. The first in the series caught and held my attention. In this book, the characters seemed flat to me and the female lead was a bit "needy".

As listed in my profile, I rate the books on my enjoyment/involvement factor. I found myself skipping parts but I finished. I will not reread the first two in the series. I will read the third book just to see what happens. ( )
  Fidget78 | Jan 5, 2014 |
You can also read my review here: http://www.turningthepages.ca/2012/03/review-hunted-chosen-2.html

WOW! After the action packed scenes in Chosen, I wasn't sure how Hunted would be able to continue the story without making it feel that it was over-the-top. However, as far as sequels go, this one takes the cake.

The story literally picks up where Chosen ended and for me, I loved that there was no diving into the backstory. I often find with sequels, a lot of time is spent remembering what has happened previous and not enough looking forward but with Hunted, it just didn't happen and it was wonderful! Yes, there were some moments that allowed for you to reflect on the previous storyline but never did the story drag.

Once again, the main characters were amazing. I have fallen even more in 'love' with Will. SWOOOON! Who wouldn't want a bodyguard that is so in love with you that they are willing to step in front of a bullet?! Even though there were some moments that I wanted to slap Emma silly, I still understood the drive behind everything she did. Never once did she break from character... her main priority is and always will be Jake, her son.

Denise Grover Swank has taken this story to another level and as I turned each page, I was shocked with the what happened next. As with Chosen, I ended Hunted needing more. How she is going to end this trilogy is a mystery to me.

*Bloggers Note: Denise just informed me that there will be FOUR books in the series not three... and I am OVER-THE-MOON happy about that*

Overall, a stunning sequel! With action that leave you on the edge of your seat and romance that make you swoon, this is definitely a must-read!! ( )
  LindsayGentles | May 14, 2012 |
As becomes evident after reading my review of "Chosen" by Denise Grover Swank I LOVED the book (basically everything about it was top-notch in my opinion, from the character development, to the fast paced and unique plot). While I did enjoy this book, I must admit that overall I on the fence about how I feel about it.

On the one hand, I applaud Denise for writing a paranormal plot that is wholly unique, but on the other hand, I felt that at times (the ending especially) was too "out there" and rushed (basically the entire paranormal element, what you have been waiting for two books to be revealed, is revealed within the last chapter or so of this book). Also, for much of the book I was irritated by Emma (when in the past book I had found her to be such a relateable character)- I felt that she was not only did she take advantage of Will in much of the book, but she also took him for granted. However, Will's was even more so swoon-worthy in this book, distracting me every now and again from Emma's boogerish behaviour.

Despite my criticisms, this book was just as fast paced and unputdownable as the previous book- you better plan accordingly because once you start reading it you won't be able to stop. I am very curious to see where Denise will take the paranormal element in the next book in this series. ( )
  AverysBookNook | Dec 16, 2011 |

Emma Thompson and Will Davenport may have escaped from the Vinco Potentia, but the secret political organization is far from their only problem. The trail to Jake is growing colder every day, but when Emma begins to display unusual powers of her own, Will wonders if her role in the prophecy is more significant than anyone ever believed. To find out, they delve into Emma's past while she struggles against a subconscious force -- a force that takes the form of a man who knows too much, shares too little, and may be the biggest threat to her future yet.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,083,837 books! | Top bar: Always visible