Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Yoga Journal's Yoga Basics: The Essential Beginner's Guide to Yoga For a…
by Mara Carrico
Compact | Rate recommendations
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0805045716, Paperback)
Welcome to the world of yoga.
Yoga Journal's Yoga Basics offers the first truly comprehensive introduction to the practice of this popular ancient healing art. Produced by a teacher of yoga for over 25 years and the editors of Yoga Journal, it offers all the inspiration and instruction you'll need to develop your own at-home yoga practice. Beginning with an exploration of the roots of yoga, the book goes on to describe a variety of hatha yoga styles-- Iyengar, Ashtanga, Kundalini, and others-- so you can choose the method that's appropriate for you. Featuring easy-to-follow instructions and 140 black-and-white photographs to illustrate the postures, Yoga Basics provides a thorough understanding not only of the mechanics of technique but of all the important elements that make yoga so much more than a fitness regime. In this unique book you'll find:
* Tips on the use of the breath in yoga practice and breath awareness exercises
* Guidelines for regular practice, including health and safety considerations
* Dozens of illustrated postures-- standing, seated, supine, and prone-- with their benefits described
* Sample Yoga routines that can be done in as little as 15 minutes per day
* Instruction on the practice and power of meditation
(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:53 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.