Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Robotic…

Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Robotic Edition (adapted ∙ parody)

by Gabriel Diani, Etta Devine

Other authors: Mark Twain (Original story)

You know what would make this boob better is if it was about zombies instead

Like "Huckleberry Finn and Zombies"

you know, like that other book? There was this other book that was like something and something and zombies and it was cooler

you should read that

they should do all the classic books with zombies

here, I will do some

Old Man and the Sea and Zombies

oh noes zombies ate my fish
I am teh fail

Merchant of Zombice

nom you, do you not bleed?

give me my pound of flesh to nom

lol you barely even have to change that one

Oliver Zombie Twist

please sir, i can has moar brainz?

Wuthering Zombie Heights

Oh noes my one true love has dead
I will dig her up and smooch her
shit she is eating my face

Zombiliad

"Dude I can has my son's corpse back pls kthx"
"No sorry I have eated it"
"shit"

Zombie Trial

"why won't anyone tell me what i am accused of"
"dude i told you it's eating brains"
"oh that. yes i did that."

they should do it with like classic albums too

it'd be like the same music but instead of singing they'd just be like mmmm,mmmmmrrrrrrr

cause they're zombies

like, instead of Nevermind it'd be Zombiemind

and they'd be like here we are now
feed us brains
I feel stupid
cause I'm a zombie

and it'd be called Smells Like Teen Brains

lol

I'm just putting this here for posterity. It was originally spread out through the comments in Susanna's review, where we were fucking with the "author" of this thing. ("This thing" is a robotic version of Huck Finn where they've replaced the word "nigger" with "robot" to make a point about...robot discrimination I guess?) Feel free to add your own zombie classic in the comments! It's fun!
  AlCracka | Apr 2, 2013 |
As an original Kickstarter supporter of this book, it pains me to rate this book so poorly, but the readability is such an issue, so I must. At a minimum, every book should be readable before it is anything else. I had endure too much to make my way through this. The type design is at fault: left justified, ragged right; Georgia face (a screen font, probably not the best choice for print); inconsistent image margins; word-processor-sized text margins. I'm quite sorry to say this seems like it was designed by an amateur newletterist or a bad magazine art director.

The introduction, text, and illustrations, however, are absolutely amazing. The binding is like that of a textbook: very nice. If this book were ever reprinted with improvements to its typography, I would rate it no less than five stars. I would probably even recommend it over Mr. Clemens original text as the satirical humor of its creators is consistent with his own. ( )
  era_ | Aug 28, 2012 |

Diani, Gabrielprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Devine, Ettamain authorall editionsconfirmed
Twain, MarkOriginal storysecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
The original text has been altered - see description.

In an effort to fight the censorship of this iconic piece of literature, editors Gabriel Diani and Etta Devine have removed every instance of the word "n-word" and replaced it with the word "robot." Complete and unabridged (except for bits here and there), with E.W. Kemble's original illustrations painstakingly altered by artist Denise Devine to include robots, this bold new edition makes Twain's timeless work accessible to a whole new generation of readers ... without being bogged down by what he wanted to say about racism.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Mark Twain's book Adventures of Huckleberry Finn [Robotic Edition] was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,386,863 books! | Top bar: Always visible