A Brew to a Kill by Cleo Coyle

A Brew to a Kill

by Cleo Coyle

My first read of a Coffeehouse Mystery....but most definitely not my last! I now want to go back to the beginning and read the entire series.

I'm a huge fan of cozy mysteries,and if this book is any indication, this series will not disappoint. The core group of characters have varied personalities, and yet they all seem to fit together into a "family" group. The writing is well done, the plot is easy to follow and realistic,and the mystery kept me guessing throughout the book. ( )
  TeresaKander | Aug 20, 2014 |
I really enjoy this series. I think this one was a bit all over the place but still very enjoyable. In this book, the series is taking a turn for relationships and the business so it was very interesting but that also added to the bit of confusion I had. So much was happening. But it did set up for some new opportunities and struggles for the characters. Can't wait to see where the series is going. ( )
  TheLibraryhag | Jul 15, 2013 |
Hey, what could be more fun than coffee, mystery, and NYC! ( )
  dragonflydee1 | Apr 3, 2013 |
The excitement never wanes in this coffeehouse mystery by Cleo Coyle. Clare Cosi is an astute and well liked manager of a popular coffeehouse. She has a good working relationship with her ex-husband and his mother. When drugs are found smuggled in bags of coffee beans at their warehouse, she enlists the help of her current boyfriend, detective Mike Quinn. Undercover police is not her forte, but when an employee is the victim of a hit and run, Clare pulls out all the stops to trap the perpetrators. With engaging characters and an intricate plot with unexpected twists, this is one mystery that is hard to put down until the last page. ( )
  Maydacat | Oct 9, 2012 |
The Coffeehouse Mysteries is one of the cozy mystery series I follow, mostly for the NYC setting and because I enjoy discussing it with my Mom - she’s anxiously waiting for Matteo to get his comeuppance.

A Brew To A Kill has a plausible premise: Since The Village Blend imports their own coffee beans and has a long and stable history with Customs, someone tries to add crack cocaine to their sacks of beans. Side issue: the “Kupcake Kween” is jealous of the attention The Blend’s new mobile coffee truck is getting.

I might even try a recipe from this one! Purple cake ! (Filipino Ube cake )

And after reading this one, I had to go to an International District bakery for an egg custard tart fix. I’m an addict. ( )
  MmeRose | Sep 10, 2012 |

Clare Cosi, the manager of a Greenwich Village coffeehouse, must find the suspect in a hit-and-run killing when her delivery truck is implicated in the crime.

Cleo Coyle is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Cleo Coyle chatted with LibraryThing members from Dec 16, 2009 to Dec 30, 2009. Read the chat.

193 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,705,474 books! | Top bar: Always visible