A Brew To A Kill by Cleo Coyle

A Brew To A Kill

by Cleo Coyle

This is the ninth book in the Coffeehouse Mysteries by Cleo Coyle. I missed all the books before it and I am positive that I would have liked this book much better if I have read the first eight books. I don't think that is fares well as a standalone book. I love coffee and thought that might make up for what I missed but there were too many characters to know all at once and I really felt I wanted to know their history more.

I did enjoy the parts that included Chinatown and the Chinese characters were believable to me. I loved the nasty competitor Kaylie Crimini who owns the Kupcake Kart and adds bacon grease to some of her cupcakes for flavor. She tried to be French in the way she pronounced the names of the cupcakes and the prepared the cupcakes with incredible amounts of cholesterol. She was the highlight for me. She was a person who could drive anyone nuts.

I got lost when the drug part was added to the story. I loved that Claire, the main character was branching out into a food trucks, and when the story veered over into Chinatown but it got to be too much for me to keep straight. I really think if I knew the characters history, I would not have been so lost. There were also red herrings galore but I was already lost by then.

My recommendation would to be to start with the first book in this series so that you won’t feel lost like I did. ( )
  Carolee888 | Apr 4, 2016 |
A good book, except for the Mike and Claire issue towards the end. I also didn't appreciate the Matt twist although it added to the book. Good series. ( )
  nraichlin | Jan 26, 2016 |
A little predictable but I like the characters.
  cygnet81 | Jan 17, 2016 |
My first read of a Coffeehouse Mystery....but most definitely not my last! I now want to go back to the beginning and read the entire series.

I'm a huge fan of cozy mysteries,and if this book is any indication, this series will not disappoint. The core group of characters have varied personalities, and yet they all seem to fit together into a "family" group. The writing is well done, the plot is easy to follow and realistic,and the mystery kept me guessing throughout the book. ( )
  TeresaKander | Aug 20, 2014 |
I really enjoy this series. I think this one was a bit all over the place but still very enjoyable. In this book, the series is taking a turn for relationships and the business so it was very interesting but that also added to the bit of confusion I had. So much was happening. But it did set up for some new opportunities and struggles for the characters. Can't wait to see where the series is going. ( )
  TheLibraryhag | Jul 15, 2013 |

Clare Cosi, the manager of a Greenwich Village coffeehouse, must find the suspect in a hit-and-run killing when her delivery truck is implicated in the crime.

123 wanted1 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,249,998 books! | Top bar: Always visible