Shine Shine Shine by Lydia Netzer

Shine Shine Shine (edition 2012)

by Lydia Netzer

Member:Jane59
Title:Shine Shine Shine
Authors:Lydia Netzer
Info:St. Martin's Press (2012), Hardcover, 320 pages

Shine Shine Shine by Lydia Netzer

Recently added bywirtley, Ross_242, february270, private library, tammychristine

This book had very unique characters and a story-line that skipped around and wasn't a straight timeline. I enjoyed listening to this book, but if I had been reading it, I am not sure if I would have finished it or not, because skipping timelines really upset me when I am reading. There were some great examples of "wearing masks" when out in public. I do like how Sonny decided that she was a MOM and she would do the best that she could. I will seek out this author again in the future. ( )
  BrendaKlaassen | Feb 8, 2015 |
apocalyptic ( )
  vwinsloe | Jan 25, 2015 |
I'm getting a little tired of books with autistic characters. THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE WHITE DOG AT NIGHT-TIME was the novel that started this trend, but since then it's become repetitive. However, i did thing this one was well-written. ( )
  griffgor | Dec 19, 2014 |
I did not finish this book so I will not give it a rating. This is a very quirky story that just never clicked for me. It wasn't a bad read nor was it not well written. It was simply not to my liking.
  elizabeth.b.bevins | Nov 4, 2014 |
You've probably heard by now that the main characters, Sunny, Maxon and their son, Bubber, are eccentric, in the sense of being smart and weird simultaneously. But this story is more about the normal part of eccentricity, how people with unusual backgrounds or super-charged minds are nevertheless beautifully and painfully human. Sunny, Maxon and Bubber are not larger than life; their emotions and desires are the same size as those of the rest of us.

And yet their story is a special one, made special by the particularity of Netzer's observations and by the way the story runs back and forth through time, gathering our sympathy and affection with each pass. Netzler's prose is not poetic. It is commanding. She can do what she wants with words and sentences, and I was delighted to be pulled along.

At its heart, this is a love story. Not about finding great love and tending it, but about holding love at the center of everything, where it belongs. Sunny and Maxon's love for each other is a gravitational force, indomitable, and as real as the Earth itself. It's a beautiful thing.
  SonjaYoerg | Oct 1, 2014 |

When fabricated aspects of their picture-perfect world are embarrassingly exposed by a car accident, Sunny Mann, a woman longing for an ideal life, and Maxon, her savant astronaut husband, struggle through blame and fear before confronting realities about their deep bond.… (more)

Lydia Netzer is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,573,910 books! | Top bar: Always visible