Shine Shine Shine by Lydia Netzer

Shine Shine Shine (edition 2012)

by Lydia Netzer

Member:Florinda
Title:Shine Shine Shine
Authors:Lydia Netzer
Info:St. Martin's Press (2012), Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:Your library, Audiobooks
Tags:read, fiction, audio, 2012review, 3.75/5

Shine Shine Shine by Lydia Netzer

I read this because of the robot concept. To me, this book was a lot of different pieces that didn't fit that well together. And then once in a while the author would insert something that she thought was "quotable" but it didn't really go with the rest. Also it seemed almost offensive to autistic kids : the idea that, with enough love and patience, something with autism can cast away medicine; they just need good enough parents. ( )
  abbeyhar | Jul 23, 2014 |
I couldn't really get into it...I wanted to like it, the writing was OK, but the characters/story just didn't capture my attention. ( )
  Julia.Reeb | Jul 23, 2014 |
I did not finish this book so I will not give it a rating. This is a very quirky story that just never clicked for me. It wasn't a bad read nor was it not well written. It was simply not to my liking.
  ElizabethBevins | May 6, 2014 |

When fabricated aspects of their picture-perfect world are embarrassingly exposed by a car accident, Sunny Mann, a woman longing for an ideal life, and Maxon, her savant astronaut husband, struggle through blame and fear before confronting realities about their deep bond.… (more)

Lydia Netzer is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,654,161 books! | Top bar: Always visible