Almost Invisible: Poems by Mark Strand

Almost Invisible: Poems

by Mark Strand

This is just a fantastic collection of prose poetry. I picked this slim volume up and read one poem several weeks ago. Then I bought and read it all in an evening. They are a joy to read, reflect, reread, and reread again. If I believed in heaven, this would be my own poetry heaven. ( )
  jphamilton | Jan 6, 2014 |

From Pulitzer Prize–winner Mark Strand comes an exquisitely witty and poignant series of prose poems. Sometimes appearing as pure prose, sometimes as impure poetry, but always with Strand’s clarity and simplicity of style, they are like riddles, their answers vanishing just as they appear within reach. Fable, domestic satire, meditation, joke, and fantasy all come together in what is arguably the liveliest, most entertaining book that Strand has yet written.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:46 -0400)

A latest collection by the U.S. Poet Laureate (1990) and Pulitzer Prize-winning author is comprised of a series of witty and poignant prose-style pieces (sometimes appearing as pure prose, sometimes as impure poetry) that explore the receding vista of life while posing eloquent, riddle-like conundrums about the human condition.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,549,544 books! | Top bar: Always visible