Where There's Smoke...: Musings of a…

Where There's Smoke...: Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man

by William B. Davis

91950,433 (3.5)7

I've never seen the X-Files. That didin't stop me from enoying these memoirs. Mr. Davis has been active in the theatre and in teaching actors for many years and his history of Canada's theatre scene (and England's, too) was interesting and gave me a deeper appreciation of this part of Canada's history.

And even though I've never seen the X-Files, I had heard of the "cigarette smoking man" -- my stepdaughters were big fans.

So, fan or not, if you are interested in the theatre, you will enjoy this book. ( )
  LynnB | Jul 27, 2012 |
I'm standing beside a filing cabinet.
Am I being remiss here? I am assuming you know what the X-Files was. But it's possible you are reading this memoir for the arcane details of early Canadian theatre in the forties an fifties and you have never actually heard of the X-Files.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 177041052X, Paperback)

Chronicling his own life and times, William B. Davis, the actor who played the notorious villain Cancerman on The X-Files, discusses his loves, losses, hopes, fears, and accomplishments in this unique and engaging autobiography. An all-access look into the life of a versatile actor, this life story includes anecdotes, recollections, and gossip from roles with such greats as Laurence Olivier, Maggie Smith, Martin Sheen, Brian Dennehy, and Donald Sutherland. From the University of Toronto and theater school in Britain to Hollywood and appearances on Smallville and Stargate SG-1, this memoir recalls one actor’s journey from the main stage to the mainstream.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:14 -0400)

ECW Press

An edition of this book was published by ECW Press.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,230,978 books! | Top bar: Always visible