The Whole Foot Book: A Complete Program for…

The Whole Foot Book: A Complete Program for Taking Care of Your Feet

by Brett Ryan Fink

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A very comprehensive book about the foot and foot problems. Definitely a great resource if you have any questions or problems with your feet but not for the average reader. It has a lot of photographs too. ( )
  DFED | Jul 29, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A very good book to have if you have foot problems or just questions about foot health. The book includes photos, illustrations and x-rays to help enhance the text. It also includes case examples of everyday people and their foot troubles. I found the information to be very helpful for my foot problems. The book even made me feel a little bit better about my feet when I saw how bad other foot problems could be. So sit back, relax, soak those tired feet in a warm bath and read this book to find out how to solve your foot problems. ( )
  Chris177 | May 29, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Not the sort of thing you are going to sit down and read (unless maybe you are becoming a podiatrist). Good as a medical reference book for the layman to help understand what some of those aches and pains might be.
  davincidad | Mar 29, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I tried to read every page, but found that things were only interesting when they apply to me or someone I know. However, it's a great reference book and a definite keeper in my bookshelf. ( )
  nanagee | Apr 17, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A solid reference manual for your feet. As a runner, I find the information in the book to be very useful and corroborated by other sources that I use. Well laid out with a good index. As another reviewer said, you're not going to read it from cover to cover, but it will be a good reference. ( )
  ungarop | Apr 6, 2012 |

The Whole Foot Book is the definitive reference for anyone suffering from foot pain. While many books review the basic treatment of foot and ankle conditions, The Whole Foot Book enlightens the reader with an understanding of the underlying causes of foot and ankle problems in easy to understand language. The Whole Foot Book provides indispensable information on basic foot problems as well as foot anatomy and biomechanics, systemic disorders, and nail and dermatological problems. This comprehensive resource covers footwear basics, prevention, and treatments along with clear diagrams, photos, and charts that demonstrate techniques and solutions. It covers common foot problems faced by diabetics, seniors, and athletes, including bunions, hammer toes, corns, calluses, warts, and skin maladies. In also features a chapter on choosing the proper footwear, gives advice on when to seek professional attention and helps you to understand when foot surgery is not and is not necessary, and highlights recent advances in foot surgery. But The Whole Foot Book goes further and addresses less common issues including neuropathy, blood clots, and HIV/Aids among others.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Brett Ryan Fink's book The Whole Foot was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,420,969 books! | Top bar: Always visible