What nurses know-- HIV/AIDS by Rose Farnan

What nurses know-- HIV/AIDS

by Rose Farnan

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have enjoyed this book. I work in healthcare and am very familiar with the disease and how it affects everyone. While the cure is out there, many people do not know they have it. Someday it will be required for all to be tested annually for HIV. Just a matter of time. ( )
  l3wilso | Jun 11, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I found this book very informative. My best friend was diagnosed a year ago, and I was there with him the day he got the news. Many of the stories were similar to his. I learned a lot in the first couple months of going to his meetings with him. This book filled in alot of other questions that I had. I am going to be giving this to him to read so he can better himself even further than he already has. It is terrible that 30 years later that this disease is such a problem. Lets Hope and Pray for a cure soon. ( )
  Pierced_Phoenix | May 30, 2012 |

Provides up-to-date, reliable and practical health information for people living with HIV and their significant others. In easy-to-understand everyday language the authors give information to help individuals with HIV navigate the healthcare system, covering everything from receiving an initial HIV test to becoming an engaged member of their healthcare team, knowledgeable and actively involved in their healthcare decisions. The authors include vignettes based on their real-life experiences that speak to the individual with aids. However, they approach HIV in a holistic manner and write not for the individual with HIV, but also their friends, family, and community.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Rose Farnan's book What Nurses Know...HIV/AIDS was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,560,143 books! | Top bar: Always visible