14,000 Things to Be Happy About by Barbara…

14,000 Things to Be Happy About (1990)

by Barbara Ann Kipfer

Recently added bysarafwilliams, awriterscorner02, contriver, PhxDan, private library, diana.n, KCLighthouse

I wish I hadn't released the copy I had bought just before college. It was one of the rare books where I had actually written in the margins. ( )
  pussreboots | Apr 5, 2013 |
If you love lists and happy thoughts, you'll love this book. ( )
  StephanieNicole | Oct 22, 2010 |
In a word, adorable! I write all over the book and add in things I think one should be happy about, although clearly some parts of the book are not happy things (i.e., being unable to stretch the last corner of the bed sheets to tuck it in...???). Enjoyable nonetheless. ( )
  evementen | Jul 11, 2009 |
This book has sentimental value for me, but I'd love it even if it didn't. It is exactly what it says: a list of 14,000 to be happy about. I enjoy reading from random pages every now and again. Probably a good book for a gift, or a treat for oneself. ( )
1 vote labbit440 | Mar 10, 2008 |
Cute. Some things confuse me a bit as to why someone would be happy about them, but cute nonetheless. ( )
1 vote iamagirldork | Jun 10, 2007 |

Flannel sheets. Strawberry ice cream. Making faces at monkeys in the zoo. Dog dishes that say "Good Dog." Carolers singing around a Norwegian spruce. Sun burning off the morning fog. Cabanas.

It's the little things that make life worth living, and they can be found by the dozens in this obsessive, quirky, and utterly captivating compendium with over 950,000 copies in print. A pure, unadulterated listing, it offers not a single explanation, aside, or footnote, but reading it is as irresistible as eating popcorn. Randomly selected and catalogued over the course of twenty years-and illustrated with joyous and jewel-like precision by the gifted artist Pierre Le-Tan-14,000 THINGS is Barbara Ann Kipfer's perfect antidote to the all-too-frequently-mentioned things we should be unhappy about.

It's a celebration of almost everything that's ever made us smile. And that itself is reason number 14,001.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:46 -0400)

No opinions, no explanations, no asides, footnotes, editorializing, or proselytizing. And all in a plain white cover with large black type. With over one million copies in print, 14,000 Things to Be Happy About is the mesmerizing bestseller that celebrates all the little things that make life worth living. Any random page is an instant pick-me-up, and reading it is as irresistible as popcorn: • new babies • a well-crafted chair • having a sense of your own space • a real person answering the phone • peninsulas • leaves snuggled around the foundations of old country houses • staying home on New Year's Eve Now revised and updated, with 1,500 new entriesthe feel of the fur in Ugg boots, a favorite television program caught on TiVo14,000 Things to Be Happy About is a panacea for a new time and a new generation, an antidote to the all-too-many things we might be unhappy about. Adding to the pleasure are 125 joyous and jewel-like illustrations from Pierre Le-Tan.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,770,843 books! | Top bar: Always visible