Beef Stolen-Off by Liz Lipperman

English (4)  Piratical (1)  All (5)
Synopsis: Once again Jordon McAllister’s writing career plunges her into danger, but this time it is in connection with cattle barons and cowboys. And just to add a bit of spice, Jordon’s newest friend is plagued by ghosts.
Review: This second offering by Ms. Lipperman is more subtle than her first book. The characters continue to develop, as does Jordon’s back-story. The plot is a bit more complicated, making guessing the identity of the murder more difficult. ( )
  DrLed | Sep 30, 2013 |
This was definitely a quick read! I flew through this book because it was entertaining and I really enjoy the characters in the book. They each have such interesting quirks. The mystery in this one was a little more developed which kept me guessing after I thought I had it figured out. So more of a doh than an ah moment. Can't wait to pick up the next one! ( )
  rayneofdarkness | Aug 27, 2013 |
Even though I have not yet read the first book in this series I can see by this one that Ms. Lipperman has a great series. The characters are greatly formed yet there is room for more development. The story moves at a very good pace and keeps you interested. Can't wait for the next book. ( )
  nlb1050 | Sep 26, 2012 |
Second in new cozy series, Jordan McAllister's cooking column for the Ranchero, Texas newspaper has taken off, even with her lack of cooking skills still evident. Trained as a sportswriter, Jordan hopes this will be her in at the Globe. I liked the Texas setting and plot of this story. There's cattlemen, rustlers, restaurants--a lot going on in this mystery as Jordan's blind date for the Cattleman's Ball winds up dead during the fancy evening. I was glad Jordan was able to make a friend of sorts at work, and her brother Danny brought another nice angle to the story. ( )
  ethel55 | Sep 8, 2012 |

"As the food columnist for The Ranchero Globe, Jordan McAllister catches the eye of cattle baron Lucas Santana, who invites her to the Cattleman's Ball, hoping a positive review from the ball might boost the county's sagging beef sales. To ensure Jordan enjoys herself, Santana sets her up with a prime cowboy companion for the event-Rusty Morales. Jordan's delighted to go with him and two-step the night away. But instead, she winds up in the emergency room where her date is DOA. When Rusty's mother begs her for help, Jordan knows she needs to grab the bull by the horns and get to the bottom of this mystery before she corrals herself into trouble..."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,984,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible