Dark is the Sky by Jessica Chambers

Dark is the Sky

by Jessica Chambers

When Olivia invites her husband's family for a reunion, she has no idea what she's set in motion. The reunion is at the behest of Olivia's sister, who has her own agenda. Invited are her husband's twin, their older brother, as well as their families. But the ghost of the dead brother, Scott, casts a heavy shadow over the gathering - what did happen that day, twelve years ago, when the family last met?

A very satisfying read. ( )
  Rasana.Atreya | Jul 18, 2012 |
"The cemetery was deserted. Oblivious to the December chill seeping through her jacket, the woman sat at the graveside and watched the sky darken over London."
This first sentence in the prologue certainly had me hooked and I knew I had to find out who this woman was.
Violet, who wants to lay the past to rest after 12 years, asks her sister, Olivia to help her get all the family together. They had been present years ago at a gathering and have not been together since. Olivia is quite reluctant to rehash the bad memories as is the rest of the family but they do decide to go to the gathering held at Olivia and Joel's house. The Cameron brothers have always been close until a horrible tragedy and misunderstandings split them apart. The youngest of Joel and Olivia's children has repressed memories of the event that keeps coming back to her in dreams. No one will talk about what happened to her Uncle Scott and now that she is 17 she has questions she needs answers to. Will the family be able to come to terms with the past and move on? All I can say is this book is remarkable in that it lays the lives and emotions of a dysfunctional family out there for all to see. I think the author did a wonderful job telling this story with compassion and honesty. A riveting novel that will have you turning the pages just to see what happens next. I loved it and highly recommend it. ( )
  celticlady53 | Apr 12, 2012 |
I absolutely loved this book. I could not put this book down once I started reading it. I had to make myself step away. I just had to keep reading to see what was going on with this family and all their secrets and lies. I usually am pretty good about figuring out a mystery pretty early in a book, but this story kept me guessing and not knowing which way it would go till almost the very end.
Jessica Chamber put together a great group of characters and I was invested in each and every character's story. I really enjoyed Jessica's writing style and can't wait to read more from her in the future. I will be recommending her book to all my book loving friends and family. ( )
  twirllygirl77 | Feb 2, 2012 |
This is not just a mystery this is a house full of family whom each has their own secrets. This makes the story amazingly wonderful to read and not put down. Then for romance to come into play. The is a well rounded read. I felt sorrow for them and the misunderstandings were interesting as well. This is a must read as it has everything to offer. ( )
  BarbsReviews | Dec 27, 2011 |

It's been twelve years since Olivia and Joel Cameron last invited the family to spend the weekend at their country home; a visit that ended in tragedy. Scott, Joel's outrageously sexy youngest brother, was found dead. The repercussions have torn the family apart. Olivia's sister Violet has persuaded her to host a reunion so that they can finally lay their ghosts to rest. However, there are some secrets too destructive to remain hidden, and Violet, still grieving for the man she loved, is determined to uncover the truth. As the web of hostility and deceit begins to unravel, family ties are tested to the limit.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:07 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Jessica Chambers's book Dark is the Sky was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Jessica Chambers is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,501,529 books! | Top bar: Always visible