Chill Run by Russell Brooks

Chill Run (2011)

by Russell Brooks

Good fast read! Murder, scandal, embezzling, mystery. Everything you'd want in a good thriller.

The dialog felt a little forced and the translations (added for the benefit of the reader) took a little away from the pacing but neither were so off putting that they ruined the story flow for me.

Kept thinking this book would make an excellent episode on CASTLE! =D
Kudos to Russell Brooks, for this book was very entertaining!

*Language warning: cussing including gd and the f-bomb. Its ok though, this book is adult thriller genre not YA.
  BunnyCates | Jul 8, 2015 |
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

I was hooked from the first page to the last. It was a fast-paced thrill to the end. The story has characters that are likeable. I found myself laughing at Eddie and Corey a few times. The storyline was well developed with a surprise twist at the end. I look forward to reading more from the author and can't wait for the sequel. ( )
1 vote sportzmomof5 | Mar 16, 2014 |
This book was exciting and realistic. It involved real family issues which made the story awesome. ( )
1 vote dhhughey | Dec 15, 2013 |
I won this book book through a giveaway on LibraryThing. I am always looking for something new to read and was pretty excited to read this book. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get into it. The writing wasn't bad at all, I guess I just couldn't connect with the characters or the story itself. I really didn't like Eddie, mostly because he was always crying about something. I guess this book just wasn't for me. ( )
1 vote jenna1131 | Dec 5, 2013 |
took forever to get it downloaded, then I couldn't get into it. I have problems reading books on my computer. ( )
1 vote croknot1 | Nov 30, 2013 |

You know a publicity stunt has backfired when someone dies.
Starving author Eddie Barrow, Jr, will do anything to get a book deal with a NYC publisher. Even if it means getting caught by the media while engaging in S&M with a female celebrity as a publicity stunt. What Eddie gets instead are details of a billion dollar fraud scheme from a suicidal client who's fatally shot minutes later. Now on the run from the law and the killers, Eddie seeks help from two unlikely friends--an alcoholic and a dominatrix. With few resources, Eddie races to clear his name, unveil the fraud scheme, and expose the killers before he becomes their next victim.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:07 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Russell Brooks's book Chill Run was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,589,807 books! | Top bar: Always visible