Bones Are Forever: A Novel (Temperance…

Bones Are Forever: A Novel (Temperance Brennan) (edition 2012)

by Kathy Reichs

Member:redheadish
Title:Bones Are Forever: A Novel (Temperance Brennan)
Authors:Kathy Reichs
Info:Scribner (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 304 pages
Collections:Wishlist

Bones Are Forever by Kathy Reichs

English (21)  Italian (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (23)
In Reichs mystery novel, Temperance Brennan exposes the high-stakes of the diamond mining business as she aids authorities in tracking down a murderer across the Northwest Territories.

A gripping trek through forensics and crime. ( )
  debbieaheaton | Jul 10, 2014 |
This was my first Kathy Reichs book and it stretched the limits of reality. Perhaps if I were a fan of Bones I would better connect with the characters, but I doubt I could last through a show which lacks a believable plot.
I got 2/3 through the book and was becoming too irritated to continue, so I abandoned it.
  Patbilly | Apr 29, 2014 |
  Patbilly | Apr 29, 2014 |
I've said it before and I'll say it again -- I much prefer Kathy Reichs books that are set in Canada to the ones where she is in the US. It seems like she alternates between Canada and the US which is natural given that she alternates between Montreal and Charlotte, SC in real life. But this one is firmly set in Canada and was very enjoyable.

Temperance Brennan has only been in Montreal for a short time when she is called in to a seedy apartment where a dead infant was found stuffed in the bathroom vanity. The mother had been in the ER with signs that she had given birth but she denied that she had been pregnant or had a child. By the time the police had been called to her apartment the mother, Amy Roberts, had disappeared. While Temperance was in the apartment another infant's skeleton was found in a window seat. Then when the cadaver dog was brought in it alerted at the bedroom closet. Sure enough, another mummified infant was found in the attic above the closet. Temperance and Andrew Ryan, although no longer a couple, share a disgust at these crimes and a determination to catch Amy Roberts. Their investigation takes them to Edmonton, where another infant corpse is found, and then to Yellowknife.

It seems like Reichs made good use of her trip to the Yellowknife NorthWords Literary Festival to research the setting and information about mining and prospecting in the North West Territories. I was a little distressed that Tempe seemed so clueless before her trip to Yellowknife about the geography and mining. Surely, somehow she could have picked up information about Canada's north. However, I guess it was a useful device to impart the information to the readers and probably many of them would not know about that area.

Interesting book but if you are a recent mother you may not want to read it. ( )
  gypsysmom | Mar 13, 2014 |
A story that takes one from the streets of Montreal to the neighbourhoods of Yellowknife. So well written that one feels they are beside Temperance Brennan as she drags out each little truth to disclose the reasons for the death of a simple young woman. Is anyone who they appear to be? ( )
  Don.Young | Jan 7, 2014 |
The bodies of three murdered babies are found in a Montreal apartment. Ace forensic anthropologist Temp Brennan gets on the case, which takes her to Edmonton and Yellowknife and into a convoluted plot involving diamond mining.

Though the excitement is breathless and convincing, Reichs does some odd tricks with her dialogue. She seems to be aiming for speedy banter, something like an update of Hammett’s Nick and Nora Charles. Alas, Reichs’s ear is too tinny to pull off such sophisticated stuff.
added by VivienneR | editThe Toronto Star, Jack Batten (Jan 21, 2013)

Kathy Reichsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
rosenblat, barbaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my very, very old friend
Bob "Airborne" Abel
The baby's eyes startled me. So round and white and pulsing with movement.

Forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan examines the bodies of three babies while Detective Ryan investigates their mother in a case with ties to the high-stakes world of diamond mining.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,090,985 books! | Top bar: Always visible