Bleach, Volume 53: The Deathberry Returns 2…

Bleach, Volume 53: The Deathberry Returns 2

by Tite Kubo

Series: Bleach (53)

572207,436 (4)1

This volume was about the Fullbringers. The volume before this one was I think about Ichigo losing his Shinigami powers then he met Ginjo. He was the one who teach him how to use a Fullbring. But that was just Ginjo's ploy to get Ichigo's powers. That's what happened in the last volume before this.

And now that Ichigo was a taunted by Ginjo and well, he doesn't have any powers left now that the latter get it all... Rukia saved the day. It was always Rukia who instilled Ichigo some points about how to go on etc, etc. Remember how Ichigo got his Shinigami powers in the first place? Rukia had to stab him and put some Shinigami powers in him.

That's what she did again in this volume. BUT, now, the sword that was used was full of all the thirteen Captains and thirteen co-captains' reiatsu. And tadah! Ichigo's Shinigami powers were back and he's stronger than ever.

I love how they paired off enemy vs Captains. Bleach is really great but still mysterious. I still got all my questions about Ichigo and his family and I've been waiting for the answers. STILL. :/ ( )
  lexiechan | Sep 10, 2013 |
We get to see some past characters again! And because it's been two years since Ichigo has seen them, they look a little different. I definitely like the new looks. :) And they're here to help Ichigo. Kubo's artwork has been increasing its awesome-ness throughout the series, and I absolutely love it now. It's probably just because I've watched it progress, watched Ichigo progress from a sixteen year old kid into maturity. As Ichigo grows, so does the artwork. This volume at least didn't end in a huge cliffhanger, but I'm still dying for more. This whole series is definitely on my list to buy. That's a lot of money, but I must have them on my shelves, because I'm sure I'll be coming back to them multiple times. ( )
  Kassilem | Dec 2, 2011 |

"Ichigo is rescued from the pit of despair once again by Rukia. And she's not the only member of the Soul Society who shows up to help out. Now having finally regained his true Soul Reaper powers, Ichigo faces off against Ginjo with no restraints."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Tite Kubo is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,992,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible