Desperate Housedogs by Sparkle Abbey

Desperate Housedogs

by Sparkle Abbey

Fun! I'd like to read more in the series. ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
Put a dog or a cat on the cover and I'll probably read it. This was an enjoyable diversion. ( )
  Deelightful | Jul 18, 2016 |
Purchased on the cheap as Whispersync courtesy of ereadernewstoday.
Silly, fun cozy mystery about folks waaay above my pay grade living in Laguna Beach, California! Start with a snoopy divorced Texas heiress who has a zany family, and is on her second career in psychology--this time for PETS! Add in a murdered client, a dishy police detective, and a crazy cast of very many, and you have the perfect read for a day when you are trying to leave the pity party for a fun place.
The story is twisty, the narrator captures the snark, and the Texas drawl is clear enough for non-Texans to comprehend. Fran Fuller doesn't fall all over herself trying to emulate all the male voices, yet the listener has no trouble keeping track. ( )
  jetangen4571 | Mar 12, 2016 |
Get Fluffy
Sparkle Abbey

Book Summary: In DESPERATE HOUSEDOGS, pet therapist Caro finds her client (the human one) dead. What did his two German Shepherds witness and how can Caro track down the killer? In GET FLUFFY, Caro's cousin, Melinda, the owner of a fancy pet boutique and spa, feuds with one of the snarkiest divas in town: Mona, whose pampered pup lives the life of a canine princess. When Mona is found dead, Mel is a prime suspect. Can she clear her name or will her career go to the dogs? Book 3: Kitty Kitty Bang Bang. "A mystery worth barking about." - Linda O. Johnson, author of THE MORE THE TERRIER, Berkley Prime Crime Yes, Melinda was feuding with the queen of Laguna Beach dog-loving divas, Mona. But Mel never expected Mona to end up dead. I stumbled through the doorway into a mini-palace fit for a movie star. Fluffy's palace. A white sheepskin rug in front of her personal fireplace, a king-sized sleigh bed and a dressing screen (why a dog needed a dressing screen was beyond me). Fresh, filtered water dripped into her Wedgewood doggie bowl. It was also a disaster. Fluffy's wardrobe was strewn throughout the room, draped precariously on the bed, and hanging out of open drawers. While Mona had an obscene amount of photos, Fluffy had her own slew of trophies and ribbons. All of them haphazardly tossed about. The room looked like it had been ransacked.Fluffy disappeared behind the disheveled bed. Her tail stopped wagging and she whined softly. Mona was sprawled on the floor as if posing for a men's magazine. It was almost picture-perfect, except for the blood matting her five-hundred-dollar haircut and the gold statue stuck in her head. I hesitantly moved closer. Fluffy nuzzled Mona's cheek. When she didn't move, Fluffy pawed her shoulder, still whining. "I don't think she's getting up, girl," I said softly. Mona was deader than a stuffed poodle.

Review: When I first started reading this book (these books) I struggled to get into them. Than like a lighting bolt I was into it. I had the same thing happen during the second book. Now I NEED TO READ all of the them!!!! The language is salty at times. They are rather tame in comparison to most mainstream mysteries and the stories are just fantastic!! The Laguna Beach lifestyle is not for me, however it is fun to read about the people. The pampered pet & dog children is a bit over the top and yet it is funny. I love my pets but do not take them everywhere. The characters are rich in personality and the authors show repeatedly not to judge a book by it’s cover when it comes to preconceived ideas about who people are. The background on the characters is the best. I love that now (not when I started mind you) that the stories go from Caro to Mel and back again. That keeps things fresh and fun. Especially Grandma’s broach. All around the mystery is not the only exciting thing in these books.

I would like to thank Net Galley and Bell Bridge Books or allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone. ( )
  Robin661 | Sep 9, 2015 |
Some of the parts in the middle seemed un-needed. The Texas twang got annoying at times... ( )
  jrsearcher | Feb 12, 2015 |

When Caro Lamont, psychologist turned pet therapist, makes a house call in posh southern California to help Kevin Blackstone with his two misbehaving German Shepherds, she expects frantic dogs, a frantic dog owner, even frantic neighbors. What she doesn't expect is that two hours later the police will find Kevin dead, and as the last person to see him alive she is a person of interest, at least according to Homicide Detective Judd Malone.… (more)

Bell Bridge Books

An edition of this book was published by Bell Bridge Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,714,735 books! | Top bar: Always visible