Rocking the Pink: Finding Myself on the…

Rocking the Pink: Finding Myself on the Other Side of Cancer

by Laura Roppe

521,436,638 (3.5)None

I honestly do not know if I got this book thru Goodreads or Library Thing, but I really enjoyed the author’s sense of humor and style of writing. This was one of the better cancer biographies I have read in a long time. I am glad that the book was not all gloom and doom, but it showed a more lighthearted approach. I am such an emotional person and I am glad this book did not make me cry. It is hard to read and points due to knowing that this was something Laura endured. I can relate to a little bit in the book, I am a Cancer Survivor as well, but mine was not as bad as comparison to her. One of the reasons I started on this book is so I could finish it and give it to one of my friends who was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer and Cervical Cancer. I think this book will give her hope. Thanks for the opportunity to read such a great book! ( )
  lg4154 | Jun 3, 2014 |
one of the worst books I've read in the past five years. I don't think this book will do anything to help other cancer survivors at all. Avoid. ( )
  vampireeat | Mar 14, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 158005417X, Paperback)

In 2008, just as Laura Roppé was poised to burst onto the music scene, her doctor called her with news that left her spinning—she had been diagnosed with an extremely aggressive form of breast cancer. Just days earlier, she had signed a dream-come-true contract with a record label; now, she wasn’t even sure how much longer she had to live. Never one to back down to a challenge, however, Roppé gathered her courage, took stock of her priorities, and made a decision: Cancer may take my hair, she told herself, but that’s all it’s getting.

More than a cancer journey, Rocking the Pink is a quirky, charming, and poignant ode to love, friendship, and music. Roppé is unflinchingly honest and unfailingly funny as she tells the story of her odyssey: from childhood dreamer and giddy valet parker to the Hollywood stars to disillusioned lawyer, wife, and mother; from budding songwriter and late-blooming recording artist to determined cancer survivor. Full of raw emotion and humor that will make you laugh through your tears, Rocking the Pink is a chronicle of discovering one's true self through life’s difficult circumstances—and a testament to the hang-in-tough, take-no-prisoners attitude it takes to kick cancer’s butt.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:30 -0400)

"In 2009, just as Laura Roppe; was poised to burst onto the music scene, her doctor called her with news that left her spinning-she had been diagnosed with an extremely aggressive form of breast cancer. Just a few days earlier, the singer-songwriter had signed a dream-come-true contract with a record label; now, she wasn't even sure how much longer she had to live. Never one to back down to a challenge, however, Roppe; refused to let her fear take control of her life-instead, she gathered her courage, took stock of her priorities, and made a decision: Cancer may take my hair, she told herself, but that's all it's getting. More than a cancer journey, Rocking the Pink is a quirky, charming, and poignant ode to love, friendship, and music. Roppe; is unflinchingly honest and unfailingly funny as she tells the story of her odyssey: from childhood dreamer and giddy valet parker to the Hollywood stars to disillusioned lawyer, wife, and mother; from budding songwriter and late-blooming recording artist to determined cancer survivor. Full of raw emotion and humor that will make you laugh through your tears, Rocking the Pink is a chronicle of discovering one's true self through life's difficult circumstances-and a testament to the hang-in-tough, take-no-prisoners attitude it takes to kick cancer's butt"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,238,909 books! | Top bar: Always visible