Just for Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

Just for Fins

by Tera Lynn Childs

This is my favorite mermaid series and I love it so much. It's a cute, light read and I finished this book in two hours. While Quince and Lily's relationship face another ancient mer law, it's not the focus of the book. The spotlight is trained of environmental issues, specifically the problems in the mer kingdoms surrounding Thalassinia. I really liked this because the author is talking about problems that are actually happening in the real world. I hope there's a fourth book because I don't think I'm quite ready to say goodbye to Lily yet.

"/> ( )
  captainbooknerd | Jan 11, 2018 |
I really like the way things all got tied up in the end of this series. I hope it does turn some of it's readers on to the problems facing our oceans and the creatures that live there. In addition to the environmental issues, this book also addressed becoming an adult and believing that you can accomplish your goals if you work hard and think things through. I was also pleased with the solution to the Quince problem and the tests he/they had to pass in this book. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Find this review and more at On The Shelf!

I love, love, love this series! The world the author builds is amazing and bright and vibrant. The fins series is just so much fun to read; I can't get enough of Lily and her gang. The characters have grown a lot sicne the first book and I really like the way they have developed.

I love Lily and she gains a lot of confidence over the course of this book. She is dealing with a very serious situation with the mer world, so she kind of has to. Her and Quince still make a great couple and Dosinia has moved from my "annoying" list to my "like a lot" list. It was very interesting to elarn about some other mer kingdoms and see these new places.

The descriptions used were wonderful and I especially liked the Glacialis depiction. Though this book has a more serious subject, there are still plenty of humorous parts. As for the trial with "nearly impossible tests," one seemed pretty difficult, but the other two didn't really seem that bad, or at least not nearly impossible.

I felt the plot was strong and also meaningful. It's awful that more people don't see the damage doen to the oceans and sea life because of how bad teh human race can treat it. It was a perfect issue for Lily to tackle as part of her royal duties. The solution was a brave risk for her and very creative. And the end? Love! I really hope there is at least one more Fins book to be written because I really want to see the product of this ending.

This book was a wonderously colorful world and had characters that just jumped off the page with life. The cover was also incredibly vivid and very fitting for a mermaid book. The Fins series is my favorite mermaid series I've read so far and I'm keeping my fingers crossed this book isn't the last. I highly recommend this series to any and all mermaid lovers.

Full of life, great plot, strong characters, awesome world. ( )
  VykiC37 | Aug 27, 2012 |

As the mermaid Crown Princess of Thalassinia, Lily must dive deep into findng a solution when she discovers the ocean's warming is causing big waves for both mermaids and humans.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,238,179 books! | Top bar: Always visible