Blood Lite III: Aftertaste by Kevin J.…

Blood Lite III: Aftertaste

by Kevin J. Anderson (Editor)

Other authors: Chris Abbey (Contributor), Kelley Armstrong (Contributor), L. A. Banks (Contributor), Mike Baron (Contributor), Jim Butcher (Contributor)26 more, Don D'Ammassa (Contributor), Stephen Dorato (Contributor), J. G. Faherty (Contributor), Christopher Golden (Contributor), Heather Graham (Contributor), Brad C. Hodson (Contributor), Nina Kiriki Hoffman (Contributor), Sherrilyn Kenyon (Contributor), Ken Lillie-Paetz (Contributor), Adrian Ludens (Contributor), Will Ludwigsen (Contributor), E. S. Magill (Contributor), Lisa Morton (Contributor), Mark Onspaugh (Contributor), Norman Prentiss (Contributor), Daniel Pyle (Contributor), Mike Resnick (Contributor), Lezli Robyn (Contributor), Jeff Ryan (Contributor), David Sakmyster (Contributor), D. L. Snell (Contributor), Lucien Soulban (Contributor), Eric James Stone (Contributor), Jeff Strand (Contributor), Joel Sutherland (Contributor), John Alfred Taylor (Contributor)

Series: Blood Lite (3)

Read the three authors listed on the cover of the book - Jim Butcher where its not the first time he met Irwin the half Bigfoot, but its before the last short where he was in college. There's an implication that they have met once before, but don't remember seeing that short story.

Sherrilyn Kenyon's was not in the Dark Hunter world. Some poor editor is being haunted by all the authors that she's known, and they aren't happy. At the end we find that she's not haunted, she's dead and in hell.

Kelley Armstrong, this is in the Otherworld world. Has Nick taking Noah and Reese to Philadelphia to help Nick with his virginity problem. It was Reese's idea to take him to a brothel. Things are a little strange there but we soon find out why. Turns out all the hookers are zombies.

Also read the short by Nina K. If I remember correctly, she's an Oregonian living in the Portland area. She writes quirky and this is one of them. I get the idea she has her own world set up for her characters, I just haven't read them. Not really sure I would want to read more either. It was okay, just not something I'm going to try to find more of. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Of this collection of short stories, I only read Jim Butcher's I Was a Teenage Bigfoot. I was thrilled to learn we were going to see Strength of a River on his Shoulders again. The Bigfoot character was so much fun in B is for Bigfoot. A little more action and suspense in this one, and a fun read. I suspect we'll see more of Irwin as he grows and learns more of his nature, and perhaps meets his father. I'd be interested to see that.

Now it's back to Proven Guilty, where there's a big battle brewing! ( )
  monica67 | May 10, 2013 |
This one redeemed the series a bit for me. Dresden stands out again. The rest I remember some vaguely or at least think I do. I do know I had a couple laughs and found a couple stories amusing which is amazing for this series which went badly in the first two books.

I kept reading after the first book hoping somewhere it would get to be what the series said it would be, funny. This one almost made it. Note, Almost.

pjh1984 | Mar 31, 2013 |
As with any anthology, some good, some meh, but work a look. I did enjoy the "V Plates" and "Mannequin" quite a bit. ( )
  bookwormteri | Jan 11, 2013 |
Interesting collection, especially the Dresden, but zombies aren't my thing. ( )
  bgknighton | Nov 12, 2012 |

Stone, Eric JamesContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Strand, JeffContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sutherland, JoelContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Taylor, John AlfredContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Contains the short story I Was a Teenage Bigfoot, which is part of the Dresden Files series. This anthology is not part of the Dresden Files series.

"Sink your teeth into a smorgasbord of macabre morsels laced with horrific humor in this all-new Blood Lite collection! Whether you shriek with laughter or scream in fear...well, that's simply a matter of taste.'--Back cover.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,017,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible