Hex Appeal by P. N. Elrod

Read the Ilona Andrews piece set in the Kate Daniels universe. This was about Saiman's cousin, and I've got to say that not having a personal connection to the main made the story are bit on the boring side. Really didn't care one way or the other what was happening, but, unsuprisingly, Andrews vividly (sometimes grotesque) imagery kept me reading. Interesting, but I'd rather stick to Kate, et al. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
Let's see, I of course didn't read the whole thing, because I only got it for the authors I follow. Ilona Andrews was in the Kate Daniels world, but in Philadelphia and had Saiman's cousin, Adam. Interesting story.

Jim Butcher's was about Big Foot and enjoyable. I also read Lori Handeland's was in the Phoenix Chronicles and had Jimmy and Summer meeting. It also pulled in Sawyer. Last was Carrie Vaughn's in Kitty's world but with Odyssus Grant. Also a good read. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Anthologies are a great way to dip a toe into the worlds of unfamiliar authors as well as enjoy new works by authors that have already become favorites. Hex Appeal is no exception to this. Many of the stories were well written and drew me in immediately, others required a bit more effort to catch my interest but overall all were interesting. ( )
  Ciarda | Dec 30, 2014 |
★★★★ for Ilona Andrews' Retribution Clause only.

These authors never fail to produce fascinating characters. Every short story of theirs makes me wish it was a full-length novel. This one was no different. Two fascinating characters, a solid little plot, a hint of undeveloped love, and the magic-filled Kate Daniels world can't go wrong.

As with all of their shorts, one star off for ending too soon and just before things between the MC's got really good. They always make me want more. Moar, dammit.
  JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |
Another anthology that collects several writers that I really like to read. All the stories are set in previous story universes, granted the Rachel Caine one there has only been one other short story with those characters. So this collection is a great calling card for these writers to get you to taste their writing styles and see if you want more of their universes. For the most part I was pretty happy with what I read there were a few that didn't work for me and that means I'll be skipping them. I did add one maybe to the mountain of TBR but who knows when I will get to it. Most of the contributors I have enjoyed their stuff and it was nice to get a small dose of their writing while waiting on the next book. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |

Green, Simon R.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Handeland, LoriContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hayes, EricaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vaughn, CarrieContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Chock full of paranormal hijinx, this fantastic collection will hold readers spellbound and enchant with its irresistible hex appeal in a magical world where witches and conjurers exact sweet revenge on those who cross them.

97 wanted1 pay2 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Hex Appeal by P. N. Elrod was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,264,358 books! | Top bar: Always visible