Brilliant Book of Calm (52 Brilliant Ideas)…

Brilliant Book of Calm (52 Brilliant Ideas)

by Tania Ahsan

I love self help books, but I have to admit that I rarely follow up on the advice that they give. The moment I started reading this I actually began to jot down a few of her ideas.

What I really loved about this book is the way the author does not take herself too seriously. I often read self help books and feel as though some of the authors are talking at you rather than giving you tips on how to manage your life. Tania Ahsan made everything sound such fun and easy to do that I felt compelled to try her tips and ideas out immediately. I did not feel like a naughty child being scolded, the book came across like a conversation with a good friend, and for me that is the type of self help bok that will kick me into action.

After each tip Tania follows up with "Here's an idea for you" which is a way to bring that tip into being for yourself. This in turn is followed up by a "defining idea" which is a quote that a famous person has said, and then finally, that is followed up by a question and answer relating to that particular tip; where people have struggled to follow her advice and she gives a different viewpoint on the tip, or on how the person has tried to go about incorporating that tip.

The entire book is so laid back and relaxed you almost forget it is self help. It feels friendly and approachable and is free on kindle right now, so what more could you ask for? This is one self help book I have thoroughly enjoyed and am having no problem with the ideas and tips on how to improve my life. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it and cannot recommend it enough.

A must read!
  suepk | May 3, 2013 |
read and a simply self-help book. I don't usually read this type of book but was attracted to the cover.

The author discusses 52 ideas of how to have a calmer life. Many of them I had already thought of myself. Don't think there is anything new here. But she presents them with an easy reading style and a great sense of humor.

After each discussion of an idea, she has an assignment for her readers, and then asked if it went OK. That was followed by a set of questions by readers who had trouble or couldn't start the challenge. Then she answers those with either something funny or something serious depending on the circumstance.

It was a pleasant read and it reminds me of a feel tricks that I had forgotten. She also spiced the chapters up with quotes. The one that I liked the most was from Ann Landers, "No person who can read is ever good at cleaning out an attic".

I think I would recommend this e-book to anyone who feels they need to slow down and relax a bit. ( )
  Carolee888 | Sep 18, 2012 |

MIND, BODY, SPIRIT. For most of us, trying to find a moment of peace in our hectic schedule is like searching for a needle in a haystack. When faced with a crisis it's more likely that we'll fly into a panic than calmly assess the situation and formulate a plan to deal with the problem. With the help of Find Your Inner Peace you can take charge of your life like never before, so that when push comes to shove and the proverbial hits the fan, all you need to do is take a deep breath before you deal with whatever life has thrown at you. Packed with advice on how to slow down, calm down and find your inner Zen master, Find Your Inner Peace will help you find and maintain a balanced perspective on life, so that you can deal with anything. Whether you're permanently stressed-out or just in need of a bit of a push in a calmer direction, Tania Ahsan's road-tested advice will enable you to live a calmer, richer and happier life.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,399,550 books! | Top bar: Always visible