Call Out (Jukebox Heroes 1) by LB Clark

Call Out (Jukebox Heroes 1)

by LB Clark

621,268,033 (4)None

This is the first book by L.B. Clark that I have read. This is book one in the series and gets us familiar with the characters and what their talents are. The story takes off right away when Elizabeth Morgan's best friend goes missing. Then keeps going at a good pace. In this book we meet some people with special talents, many who are helping to locate Dylan, Elizabeth's friend. It will be interesting to see how all these characters develop as the story continues.
I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.

An unexpected phone call from her best friend’s rock star boyfriend pulls 35-year-old Elizabeth Morgan out of the comfort and safety of her quiet, normal life and into a situation she could never have imagined even in her wildest nightmares. The world as she knows it changes forever in the blink of an eye, forcing her to reassess everything she thought she knew about reality, when she finds herself facing a world where terrorists can sling magic as well as bullets, everyone is both more and less than they seem, and even her own thoughts and feelings are suspect. ( )
  oldriverbooks | Mar 2, 2015 |
What would you do if your best friend was kidnapped by a psychopathic magic-using, Jessica-Rabbit-look alike? Go rescue her of course! Elizabeth, known as “Em” by all her friends, is thrown into a crazy race to find her best friend Dylan. Along the way, she gathers up allies: Dylan’s devoted boyfriend, Brian, and his best friend, London.

As they start the race to find Dylan before it’s too late, Em must find a way to support London as he attempts to use telepathic powers he once disavowed. Tension rackets up as his powers grow out of control and Dylan suffers under the hands of her psychopathic kidnapper—who just happens to be his ex-girlfriend, Julia.

Em and London must find a way to save Dylan—even if it means giving up the safety and protection of the emotional walls they have hidden behind for years. Otherwise, they will all find out just how far Julia is willing to go to get London back.

Call Out: Jukebox Heroes Book One was given to me as a free gift by the author L.B. Clark. The book had a distinctly YA feel to it, but I highly enjoyed this book. The tension and excitement starts from page one and doesn’t let up until the end!

I recommend this book to fans of all ages, and I can’t wait until the next book in the series! ( )
  K.W.McCabe | Dec 3, 2011 |

LB Clark is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,805,072 books! | Top bar: Always visible