My Boyfriend's Back by Chrissy Olinger

My Boyfriend's Back (2010)

by Chrissy Olinger

surprisingly good, my boyfriends back may be a short story but it still manages to entertain. well worth the read. ( )
  krissysbookshelf | Sep 25, 2013 |
Read for Fun!
Challenges: Why Buy The Cow?
Overall Rating: 2.50
Story Rating: 2.50
Character Rating: 2.50

First thought when finishing: The end totally blew the whole story for me *sigh*

What I Loved: The writing in this story was done really well and the plotting/pacing moved at a great pace. For a short read, I felt like it was a complete story.

What I Liked: I really liked the angels and specifically poor well-meaning Norman. He reminded me of a cross between the angel from It's a Wonderful Life with more of the Hootzpa of the angel from Scrooged!

(SPOILER Ending Given Away)

Author:
[ai:Chrissy Olinger|4686235|Chrissy Olinger|http://www.goodreads.com/images/nophoto/nophoto-U-50x66.jpg]

Book:
[bc:My Boyfriend's Back|10644408|My Boyfriend's Back|Chrissy Olinger|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41RPWDL8IVL._SL75_.jpg|15553259] ( )
  thehistorychic | Apr 3, 2013 |
Read from January 10 to 11, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Read for Fun!
Challenges: Why Buy The Cow?
Overall Rating: 2.50
Story Rating: 2.50
Character Rating: 2.50

(SPOILER Ending Given Away)

What made me mad: Yes I said mad! He did not go back into his body at the end --- giving the impression that he was all set in life now that he got the girl, brains, and looks. I am not a fan of the body switching stories that the geek doesn't get appreciated just for being the geek. She loved him as the geek and I would have loved for them to be together as him. The fact that he is now the geek in the bullying *sshats body just killed the story for me. So as I said in the beginning---the end ruined the otherwise cute story for me. ( )
  thehistorychic | Jan 11, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,619,064 books! | Top bar: Always visible