Santa's Birthday Gift by Sherrill S. Cannon

Santa's Birthday Gift

by Sherrill S. Cannon

651,268,033 (5)None
books (1) children's (1) Christmas (2) gifts (1) holidays (1) Jesus (1) kids (1) Santa (1)

What a lovely children's book. I received this as a gift and voluntarily chose to review it. I've given it a 5* rating. Plenty of graphics to draw children's eyes but the story is told in a rhyming fashion that I loved. This story draws Santa into the birth of Jesus story. Can hardly wait to share this with my grandchildren. ( )
  NancyLuebke | Dec 23, 2017 |
Delight your young ones with this delectable tale of Santa's gift to baby Jesus. Sherrill brings a sensational perspective of the connection between Christ's Birth and Santa's giving. She does it all through profound rhyming.

This is a great way for all Christian families to implement the importance of Christ's birth without removing the tradition of Santa Claus out of the equation.

The book cover says it all! It is very felicitous and appealing. The title is equally appropriate.

What a wonderful way to begin the Holiday season!

I am delighted to review this book with a Five Stars rating.

I was generously sent this book by its author for an honest review, of which I have given. ( )
  LAWonder10 | Nov 3, 2013 |
If you love a great Christmas story that has a fun and interesting twist, then you will love Santa's Birthday Gift. This delightful tale has both Santa and baby Jesus in the same story. How often do you see that? This gentle rhyming story revisits the story of Mary and Joseph and the birth of baby Jesus. You will also be invited along to share in the story of a very famous toy maker who loved good girls and boys. Young readers will see the gifts to baby Jesus from the wise men and a very special gift he received from Santa. Soft colored illustrations really bring this wonderful story of Christmas to life. ( )
  KristiBernard | May 10, 2012 |
Book Title: "Santa’s Birthday Gift”
Author: Sherrill S. Cannon
Published By: Strategic Book Company
Age Recommended: 3+
Reviewed By: Kitty Bullard
Raven Rating: 5

Review: Another wonderful book from this author, I have often wondered what the best way to incorporate both Jesus and Santa into Christmas in such a way it would make sense to a child how the holiday could be about both aspects without losing the true reason and meaning. In this book, “Santa’s Birthday Gift” Santa is summoned to the birth of the Christ child and is given the ability to deliver presents all over the world to all the children in honor of Jesus’ birthday. I have to say her idea is magnificent and I cannot think of a better way to successfully combine the true spirit of the holiday, with a beloved tradition. I could see this book becoming a treasured read for this time of year, one that would be passed down for years to come. This is a truly beautiful story. Start your own Christmas tradition with this wonderful book. ( )
  RavenswoodPublishing | Apr 18, 2012 |
“If your child or grandchild has ever wondered when Santa fits in the traditional Christmas story, now you can read them Santa’s Birthday Gift.Finally, a book that ties two holiday traditions into one inspirational tale of wonder—as Santa brings gifts to baby Jesus.”

Santa’s Birthday Gift is a wonderfully crafted story that explains both the birth of Jesus and Santa Claus’ spirit of gift giving. The story is written with such skill that it becomes plausible that Santa could have been there that night and this is how he began his yearly trips to good boys and girls. If your children, or you, want to know how Santa’s reindeer can fly, this story explains how. Have you ever wondered how Santa’s bag is always full of toys, no matter how many he pulls out? I have and this story finally explained in a way that makes sense.

There are really two stories in Santa’s Birthday Gift. The second is the amazing birth of baby Jesus. The traditional nativity story re-told in simple terms that most every child would understand. Still, the main story is how Santa Claus came to be. I really like this story. It can be leisurely read in one sitting and holds the reader’s (and the listener’s), attention throughout. This story will become a part of your Christmas tradition; it is that good and that inspiring.

Received from author. ( )
  smmorris | Dec 3, 2011 |

A book that ties two holiday traditions into one - as Santa brings gifts to baby Jesus.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,818,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible